Raiden Moveset and Attributes

Discuss the character’s entire moveset here, including normal moves, special moves, super moves, and all the other miscellaneous stuff like counter attacks, rolls, dodge attacks, jumps, and throws.

Also list attributes such as dizzy count, lifebar points, character size and special hitbox properties.

Raiden’s Complete Framedata and Movelist can be found here at Finest KO.com:

http://www.finestko.com/features/characters/raiden/

Is Raiden even playable?

yes very

what can raiden do? he doesn’t have the range like zangief in his command throws and has no decent AA

ive seen some k groove raidens, they use k groove to make up for that, in S groove I just dogde and throw them, although its not the best thing to do all the time. I feel he has better pokes than zangief, he’s probally more about getting in a combo with RDP+LP into level 3 flame breath.

Zangief’s pokes are way better than Raidens. Raiden’s moves are all short and stubby, while Gief has hella range and better set of normals. He is also more about mixing up his supers rather than just going for the combo into flame breath, grab super and crazy train is hella good. His lvl 3 grab actually has MORE range than Giefs. As for dodging and throwing, mix it up with dodge kick into punches, If they try to throw you they get hit.

Raiden is all about the crossup j.d+HP. That shit is priority too. Jump around Chang-style to frustrate people with his safe jumping attacks. Cr.HP can AA but the tip of his hand has to connect, so do it really early. St. MP is another good poke of his, use it like Honda’s st.MP. Cr.jabs are always good too, doesn’t hurt that he can combo them into death. Raiden is an RC whore also. Just about every move this fatty has is good for RC. What else? Cr.LKxxjab Poison Breath on block=frame advantage, especially useful in run grooves.

Can someone please tell me what the Hell is a AA???

anti air.

(filler) what i think raiden has that zangief doesn’t have(and is important too) is j.short.

man that thing snuffs out a lot of stuff it’s good for getting in…esp if you have small jump

no one has mentioned his throw range yet. 85 pixels. for reference, normal characters have 52(!). u can walk up and throw them ALLL DAY because his range is fucking monsterous. remember kids, thats for his punch throw only. Kick throw does good dmg and is comparable to his 360 grab(!). yeah thats all i got, raiden is sick.