R.Mika Q&A Thread: Mic Night

I pretty much only use it on their wakeup, will get stuffed too often in neutral. Can be used as a anti air, but you gotta be ready for it.

This thread is awesome. Thanks guys.

I’ve rarely hit anything bu just throwing it out. It can be useful as a whiff mid range just as a bait though. Other than using it meaty on wakeups and resets its also useful In tick throw scenarios. Instead of going for the throw go for lady mika to keep them guessing.

I’m seeing a lot of flashy combos floatin around for mika…
but the damage scaling barely looks worth the hassle.

biggest issue is getting in from mid screen, or even just out of poke range.
greatest surprise attack I have is doing a butt dash to close the gap or jumpin in but doing the cMP to force her to land far, baiting a lot of uppercuts

BUT sometimes you just get stuck, and cant close in on people… any other suggestions?

I agree about damage scaling. EX Wingless doesn’t seem impressive, except that sometimes it’s your only option to extend damage. The damage is really loaded on her ex Rainbow Typhoon.

Has this happened to anyone before? During the combo:
s.mp, f.mp xx irish whip, b.dash, f.dash, f.hp xx ex peach
the opponent would very rarely drop during the end of flying peach (the butt-into-face).

Again, it happens very rarely, but it feels like random that the last hit doesn’t connect.

I always back dash into ch.hk then ex peach. Never drops for me but could depend on how long you wait to do ex peach.

A few more moves bring you closer.

• wingless airplane
  • Ch. hk
  • F+mk
  • Cr. Mp
  • Cr. Hp
  • Cr. Hk
  • Walk
  • Dash
  • CA

When is it a good time to use Mika command throws? I feel like I’m not using them enough.
Right now the only times I use a command throw is after a charged s.HK and j.lk, both instances blocked or not. Recently Beck mentioned to use them after a d.HP after an irish whip so I’ll try to incorporate that, but right now I don’t think I’m using Mika’s grappling techniques to its potential.

On their wakeup/air reset…after a jump in tap… after ch.hk on block etc

This game is all about making them guess whether you will throw / hit / block. So try not to be too predictable with your choices and you will catch them more often then not.

To add to this, you can tic throw with a light kick hit. But once you get them to block a lot in fear of your combos tends to be the best times to think about throwing in general. Mika has a lot of pressure in the corner, which makes them jump or turtle a lot. Brimstone in particular is a great tool since it keeps them in the corner and punishes their blocking.

Ex Wingless is more so for the invincibility frames in my opinion, its more a movement option for me than a damage dealer.

How do you clear 29 and 30 in the normal survival?

You can’t really mind game a computer, especially not on that reacts to all of your shit instantly and never drops high damage combos.

I haven’t found anything exploitable yet either.

The “ask” fight request exploit only goes so far.

Each computer ai is a bit different, but a good cheese you can apply to any of them relatively well is to repeat a wakeup cross up dive bomb. The ai will likely wiff their aa because the dive bomb floats as you activate it, and it knocks down on hit so you can repeat it easy.

Finally got bison, after 3 exploits I went for a level skill charged super and managed to land, then I lamed him out with charges HK’s from a distance, combining afterward if they landed and retreating if they were blocked.

I think best cheese move is ch.hk into target combo… on hit finish with peach, on block do hk wingless to get out and then repeat.

Hey guys, I just bought SF5 and I mained Abel and Rufus in SF4. Do you think Mika is a good pick for me or do you guys recommend other characters?

If you mained Abel in 4, I would have to recommend Laura as she has similar gap closing attack mixup…

However my real recommendation is you should play Mika because she is obviously the best character in the game <3

With the command graps, why would I ever use lp/lk over hp/hk? I dont see any difference besides less damage.

It’s better for positioning and pressure. While it doesn’t have the range and damage of the big swing, it will keep you right next to your opponent for another mixup, or keep them in the corner rather than taking them out of it.

The lighter ones have a higher range, meaning you can use them more tolerantly and in more situations.