R.Mika Combo/Tech Thread: "Pull Out All The Stops!"

best corner combo i got:
cl.MP, st.HP xx trigger, st.HP, (trigger hit), cl.MP, fwd.MP -> fwd.MP, HK (hold), Wingless

can also be done after a deep j.HP/HK

Can i ask a real noob question, what does the xx stand or when describing your combos?

a cancel

Do we have any confirmed meaty setups for f+hp? Iā€™m looking for some knockdown into a specific type of recovery into a meaty st.mp or f+hp.

I swear the general forum needs to add fighting game notation as a sticky or something. Iā€™ve only been here two weeks but have seen this question asked more times than Iā€™d like to count. Same with what 4 HP etc means.

Iā€™d like that as well, as I donā€™t know what 4 HP means :expressionless:

Nonsense i found tonight while streaming.
cross unders, non-crossup jumpsā€¦ew.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KOV0HKmffk

These are a few setups I came with in the corner earlier today that do pretty high stun without using any meter. Actually, two of them completely stun.

Donā€™t know where my link went in my previous post. Hereā€™s the Youtube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d2Po8a0nso

And hereā€™s the link of the gamefaqs topic I posted when I made the video earlier this

*- merged double post

• removed external link. Keeps discussions on SRK*

There is a thread with basic terms stickied in the Newbie Saikyo Forum.

[quote=ā€œolaf_redland, post:27, topic:177896ā€]

[/quote]

I just did this corner reset and it won me the game. lmao, great tech bro

edit;

It seems if you block, it auto corrects the cross up. Just had it happen to me in a match, then tried it in training mode and the dummy blocked it :confused:

Also, does Mika have any invincible cmnd grabs?

[/quote]

Posted this in the Youtube comments and re-posting here:

The key to the cross-up / fake cross-up at 5:40 (and elsewhere) is the timing of the c.MP right before the V-Trigger cancel. Iā€™m doing the rest of the combo as fast as possible and varying the timing of only that hit. If I do the c.MP very early or very late, I get the cross-up, but if I do it in the middle of the window for it I stay on the same side.

For the c.HP cross-under setup, the opposite seems to be true. (Early or late timing = same side. Middle timing crosses under.) But the timing also seems to be tighter for that particular cross-under. Safer to just dash underneath.

I looked through that thread before asking the question and didnt see it. Oh well, thank you for answering guys

Actually, I know that James is trying to help and all, but arenā€™t these kinds of threads counter-productive in some cases? When you have an entire subforum dedicated to a character, it makes more sense for every notable piece of tech to get its own thread. Otherwise it just gets buried in the middle of a several-page megathread and the thread list stays empty for no reason.

Like I think itā€™s fine for there to be a general ā€œcomboā€ thread (preferably with an OP that actually gets updated with the times) or for there to be a general purpose noob Q&A, but when it comes to specific resets or weird shenanigans, it would probably be best for people to make their own thread about that specifically, lest it get lost in the shuffle.

Itā€™s good to start this way. These threads generally take off into lala land, BUT organizing tech is tedious and until someone really decides to take the mantel, compile the information and to really keep track with the OPs (original posts), this will do. Whenever someone wants to take over, they can start a thread and get it stickied. I think its waaay too early though for anyone to really consider creating ā€œnewā€ stickied posts for matchup/combos/setups etc. Also multiple posts can make it harder to find data. Iā€™ve seen in some forums where they have an index post linking all the other tech threads together which i think works but is time consuming. IMO one thread with all the info is easier than multiple threads that are no longer being moderated.

Edit: Anyone else notice that Mikaā€™s heavy normals recover really fast? like on whiff? I was trying to see if she had any Kara-throws. Had some weirdness with cr.lk where if i whiffed it and did the CA it would grab while it wouldnā€™t from neutral? I donā€™t think its legit.

[quote=ā€œSixfortyfive, post:31, topic:177896ā€]

I honestly was using spacing to control it, delaying the first hit.
on the c.HP, just delaying the c.HP is enough

Like letting the opponent push you away from the wall a little when he stumbles toward you?

[/quote]

yo uullllll

I think thereā€™s some merit to this. Itā€™s always frustrating looking for specific tech in other games but itā€™s all buried in giant threads where youā€™d never think to find it. But it is still early, not a huge deal right now IMO.

Made a video going through some combos and resets.

https://youtu.be/7Kl0SCSWBpM

Iā€™m honestly feeling the urge to main Mika at times. Never felt this way about a grappler before.

I sort of agree with this, but in reality R.Mika tech can fall into fairly broad categories since a lot of her stuff has small but useful deviations due to the expansiveness of her toolbox. I do think some division is warranted. I am not done drafting it yet, but I was planning on making threads dedicated to each of her more important moves that set things up and explaining its various uses, and then from there having people talk about tech and uses. Is this close to what you are talking about?

Iā€™m intrigued on what we can do off a crush counter sweep. Itā€™s not something weā€™ll often obtain, but once it happens we would probably be able to do something really stupid. Anyone find something good so far?