Quickwork or Katanarama?

Beginner here, running vergil(rapid slash)/Deadpool(Katanarama)/Hawkeye(greyhound). I’ve had a lot of people tell me to use quickwork over katanarama, was wondering if this is good advice and why. Using katanarama b/c my best combo is c.l,m,h,s>a.m,m,h,s>katanarama>launch>a.m,m,h>super. Should I stick with this, or should I switch?
Thanks!

I think you’d be better off using quickwork. Vergil doesn’t need an OTG assist for combos and quickwork could help create unblockables.

I would recommend learning Vergil’s real combos instead of just doing abc stuff and switching to quick work. Since Vergil does have his own ground bounce move to use in combos (Lunar Phase), and can combo off his throws by himself, Katana-rama won’t be of much use for a Vergil player who has learned his more efficient combos.

Learn combos, use quickwork. Sounds good haha thanks!

Vergil can already to super sick damage without an OTG. He does need a horizontal beam assist, which you already have with Hawkeye, so that’s good.

Katana-rama does have its uses, being an excellent OTG, with deceptive range and quickness. I just use QW for Round Harvest unblockables with Trish.

switch it with quick work. you can do a lot of mixups with that assist.
spam teleport and quick work assist and you can get combos started fairly easy

Quick Work is a superior assist because it can be used as both a low hitting assist for high/low unblockables but also a combo extender in many cases, as when combined with an OTG attack it can reset your ground bounce and allow you to add more damage to your combo.

I don’t play Vergil but I’ve heard he benefits greatly from an OTG assist even when using his more advanced combos. Without assists he can get around 750 - 800k from a standard hit confirm but with an OTG the damage is somewhere around 900k to a million. I’m also pretty sure you can’t confirm off of a Helm Breaker with either Quick Work or Greyhound but you can with Katanarama. The ground bounce reset FuLLBLeeD is talking about is also performed with Katanarama and not with Quick Work.

You should test how your team works with either one of the assists and then make your decision. They both should work pretty well.

Edit: Didn’t realize how old this thread is… These boards move too slow.

Most people would use Katana-Rama for an assist
but Vergil doesn’t really need any OTG assist, (unless you’re running Trenchcoat).
So you’re better off with Quick Work