Questions about the cl. HP > far. HP link

A few questions here. Bear in mind that I’ve already read the Master Class thread and so I’m just making this post to get the info I couldn’t find there :slight_smile:

• Who in the game absolutely has to be standing in order for this to link? There are some characters where I haven’t been able to get this to link successfully unless they were standing, even with a point-black EX TKCS or deep jump-in.

• Who in this game will this link NOT work on no matter what?

EDIT: I’m an idiot, I completely overlooked that spreadsheet.

• Is this combo only optimal when preceded with an EX TKCS/jump-in or is it a good option for punishing? I know this is more character specific than anything else, but I appreciate insight.

• So far in my testing, it seems that this combo and the cl. HP > cr. HP link are both the only optimal ones for EX Red Focus canceling (I was only able to get cl. MP > cr. HP > cr. MK to work on one character, under really tight conditions). Any thoughts?

cl. HP, s. HP, HK SA is the best punish combo in Ultra and sets up her Oki game. Plus you can FADC this one into itself which is pretty boss IMO. :slight_smile:

I don’t really use RF with Cammy so I can’t comment. Her EX moves are essential to be able to play her effectively in Ultra for me to spend meter on RF.

What LionHeart said. To add on your Red Focus question:
I only use RF with Cammy if I want to combo into U1. A regular FADC combo requires only 2 bars and does more damage too.

I’ve used RF in certain matchups against grapplers (cr.mk xx hk.arrow combo’s into RF at any range, on Zangief for instance). And you can punish Q-bombs from Fuerte with hk.arrow xx RFA, cl.hp, far.hp xx hk.arrow. But again, a regular FADC combo (hk.arrow FADC cl.hp, cr.mk xx hk.arrow) does about the same damage. You can do EX spiral if you’re going for the kill which does the same damage as a RF combo.

So… in summary. RF isn’t really good for Cammy unless you combo into U1 (And in el fuerte’s case, you can just punish Q-bombs with Raw ultra for more damage).

s.LP HK Arrow xx RFA vs balrog is good too since you can punish dashpunches really heavily.

But regular fadc does also a good job

I ran into an issue recently with the cl. HP, s. HP link against Rolento. The timing seems to be way stricter than I’m used to. Is this a problem that anybody else has ran into?

I haven’t noticed anything, but it’s a 1 frame link, how can the timing be any stricter than that?