Question for Gouken players

^^That’s not a con

lolΔΔΔΔΔ

I’ve been trying to beef my Gat up, the game seems like easy mode with srk characters, I dontlike it…

I love the game with gouken, take it from us…he’s different, youlllaff you’ll cry, its true tale of two cities…

you’re kinds laggin danemous with the observing tho, pick up the stixx and main him already…you could have him up to 1000bp by now…

:wink:

Except when the player knows Gouken and baits the shit out of you.

except when u know he doesn’t know you been labbin some new shit and you kick it with us…

Big fat this. I think “novelty” is the word I’ve been searching a long time for to describe Gouken.

Lol meant pro.
It forces the player to “think” the Kongo is a way to let the player know hey I have an answer. Don’t reply on it of course a good player will start another tactic and that’s when you have the advantage

^ true indeed… But when our tatsu hits low in Ultra the only option will be for them to do something defensive, bc ex tatsu owns just about every damn thing… I think Oni’s dp is being nerfed to 6 frames invinc. So he will fall victim too… Aside from the stArt up difference… Ex tatsu will be better than any dp… and it’s Bout damn time.

do u think we will stop trading w on is best dp now? and now be able to beat it with g flip dk?

Beat it? No. There’s still too much invincibility, unless they change the hitbox. That damn thing hits almost behind him. I can only get a trade with a cmd dk currently.

play guile
a character that doesnt need combos to win
has good normals, AA and hella fast recovery
only 2 moves are needed to win without the AT counted
after a while you will be able to keep everyone out

I guess this is as good a thread as any for these questions. I just get my ass handed to me by certain players who somehow manage to get under cross up mk and just light light special me to death. Akuma, Rose, Fei, Cody, Rog… really almost any character with great lights or weird hurtboxes but I only see certain players able to do it. The only thing I see working is empty jump kongo but that shit is risky as hell too. Man, I guess it’s my plateau. If they throw a lot and get me cr.teching, then I start trying to grab whenever I’m close, even on offense…but what the hell do you do when you have someone throwing on your wake up enough to make you worry and then they corner you and just…fuck!

Also, a lot of the players on PSN are just assholes man. You beat them, they message you stupid shit. They beat you, they message you stupid shit. Humans are just disgusting to each other when they can be anonymous. I’m calling for a kindness campaign.

Depends on if the 5f Ex Tatsu rumour is true, if it is they might restrict our invinicibility till the first active frame in which we will only have 5f of invincibility and will still lose to such a DP. Huh for that matter, suddenly Juris Pinwheel has more invincibility if thats the case.

Tastu is fine at 7 frames. All that horizontal reach it has with 5 frames would literally be the best dp in the game. Minus EX Messiah.

I didn’t say it wasn’t just after hearing that rumour(man all that capcom cup change log has been vague -.-) that’s something to keep in mind. Allowing it to hit low and speeding it up but actually be a nerf that can balance it. Looking at the data I noticed that EX Tatsus invicincibility covered both active frames, I had forgotten that, so if that change pans out we’ll probably have 6f Invincibility. So at least it will never trade.

gouken from my experience wins most trades anyways health wise, so I play for them with a life lead whenever normal shit isn’t working.

He really doesn’t except regular tatsu trades. EX not trading is pretty pleasant as it is very damaging by itself. Plenty of trades will hurt the old man, he sitll has only average HP.

here’s a good example of what I mean…you can see OH MP appears to take off more health than LP srk…is this normal? there’s alot more I’ve seen, no footage ATM and this may not be the best example

I really don’t see that doing that. You have damage of only one side showing there. LP Srk is 120 damage(80 when not deep) and if you are referring to the health bars(your only showing damage from one side and it’s not always legible, but I’m guessing 120 unless it counterhits) are you forgetting the 100 damage from the sweep?
Secondly, why would Ken wakeup with LP Dp? It’s not even fully invincible. MP is fully invincible(but a Ken probably wouldn’t do it there as the second hit tends to fail to connect on certain ground vs ground situations) and HP SRK is the same 3f as LP and has 4f of onvincible. Not to mention multihit confirm to fadc safely and much more damage if the guess worked.

-.-

i think I should do more in depth research, I haven’t put my finger on it exactly but I feel confident playing for trades any day.

heh Ive been playing Ryu as my main character and I just managed to get to C rank with 1311bp at the moment. Im mostly trying to pick up the fundamentals stuff.

What sucks most is I stopped playing fighting games for around 8 years maybe. Last I was playing was ex2Plus, not the most popular I know but I got real good at that one. Now feels like Im starting from scratch again. I think when ive got the fundamental stuff down I may play Gouken, or as a 2nd character atleast anyway :). I played Blanka and have around 2400bp with him, it kinda just doesnt feel like I learning anything using Blanka. I hardly use even most basic stuff to win with him, just tricky stuff.