Question about the chicken combo

I’m very new to Oro, I’ve been only using Akuma as my main so far. I’m trying to get the chicken combo down but it seems like the timing is a little different for every characters and I’m having a hard time trying to figure out what to do for each characters.

For example, I could land the second chicken on Ibuki but not for Ryu. I’ve seen videos of people doing it but I can’t figure it out, at least not by myself.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

on shotos the timing is a lot tighter, you have to do the mp at the last possible second

Haha, I love how Akuma players almost always pick up Oro as an alternate character or their new main.

I’m pretty sure this has been asked recently but oh well. The only characters that are hard to do the chicken combo on are shotos, as Gumbercules said. The thing that helped me get the combo down is their belt, you need the fist on your cl.mp to connect to the belt or a little lower in order for it to launch them properly. Ryu has stricter timing than Ken/Gouki/Sean for some reason, he’s the only character I still mess up on frequently.

Makoto is also as tight as the shotos.

Really? I always found her to be easier. I did notice that sometimes it’s tough to connect the second chicken special on her but other than that it’s easier than shotos for me.

I disagree, I think Makoto is much easier. At least for me she is.

what i was thinking

Haha, are you serious? That’s pretty damn funny. Well, I’m embarrassed, I’ve fit in to a group of stereotype without even knowing.

I think I got the timing down. I just wait a split second before the second s.mp and voila! Thanks for the tip.

What about the twins? They’re timing seems a little different, too. I’m sure I could figure it out but it’s better to hear from seasoned users, I learn better that way.

I know there are threads with in-depth guides but seeing that I’m a total Oro newbie, got any tips you can give for a nubby? Currently all I do is chicken combo with tengu, s.mk/c.mk to command grab. It gets pretty repetitive and I’m too damn obvious and I’m a walking target.

I dunno…maybe the trend comes from the idea that people who pick Akuma like him because of his sense of overwhelming relentless power. They can then relate to Oro because he is also a character with endless power and can power up all of his supers moves. He just has that sense of power that Akuma players like I guess.

You can’t do a full chicken combo on the twins unless you get the first hit while they are airborne, like after a parried jump in attack or dive kick. If you hit them with cl.mp on the ground just do the chicken once and follow it with MP drill.

As for tips? This is true for all characters but do things your enemy won’t expect. If you jump over your opponent and HK as soon as you leave the ground, you can EX drill as soon as you land. The range on drill is ridiculous, and will hit anyone moving towards you or trying to hit you as you land. Trust me, it works a lot.

Also mix up jump in throws with jump in chicken on wakeup (qcf.k in the air). If you hit the chicken you can bounce them up and continue with a full chicken combo, or one chicken combo rep into EX Tengu Stones.

I’ll leave the general gameplay tips for other people, since I’m late for work. Those are just a few things that can really catch your opponent off guard and win you the match with little effort.

Also the combo doesn’t work on Hugo, much like the twins he can only be juggled in the corner or if he’s already in mid-air when you start it. Personally, I just do S. MP for two hits then HK them on the way down

Hugo can ONLY be juggled in the corner… and his timing in the corner is the strictist in the game.

lol, shows how many Hugos I play against. :frowning:

plus he has floating unicorns around his head

Do people not get fucking sick of the same goddam questions being asked every few weeks?

Oro needs a sticky or sumin.

I was going to say that in my first post but I didn’t want to be the bad guy, I leave that to other people.

LOL… we can call the sticky “Akuma Players Picking Up Oro”

I bet it would be extremely popular too.

For the record, I tried to switch to yang first before I statred practicing oro.