Purple Eyes Only: Juri Video Thread (Updated: 9-28-10)

Updated

ed ma destroys an Akuma
[media=youtube]tE0zcVQmHK8&feature=related[/media]

I’m a complete beginner but I have a few videos up on my youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/NotEggroll I would greatly appreciate any critiques about how I play and how to play better.

[media=youtube]ZzgbfC6FDoA[/media] - NotEggroll (JUR) vs CBRAVO123 (RYU)

[media=youtube]f0WjhTHEHfI[/media] - NotEggroll (JUR) vs Deep6ixx (DUD)

[media=youtube]h3jfinOiZPY[/media] - NotEggroll (JUR) vs Ko-Bu-Ra (MAK)

[media=youtube]fMZ0jazoqco[/media] - NotEggroll (JUR) vs CBRAVO123 (RYU)

[media=youtube]ZwB2vjbykZ8[/media] - NotEggroll (JUR) vs Deep6ixx (SAG)

can someone possibly tell me how, he done his ex counter upwards but then still moved forwards while in the air o.O ?

ex counter allows you to do this when you press up foward or up backward when using it. This has cuased me to get killed a few times…

@NotEggRoll

We’ll play eventually. I was having some friendly fights with one of my homies on PSN when you hit me up. I’d like to get some Juri mirror matches in with you. You should refrain from jumping in so much with her; play from mid-to-long range and utilize her pokes (cr.mp, cr.mk)

GG’s to KingZeal, D_dollars, kusa, Sad_Rubber_Ducky and everyone else. I’m uploading videos right now to my youtube. They should be available later tonight (1am PST) or in the morning.

@ ShogunFlow - Yeah I do jump in way too much. KingZeal was stuffing my far jump-ins for free with c.mp. There was probably a point where he got about four c.mps in a row because I just kept jumping in. No worries about the invite. I just got off work and I wanted to play good peeps.

gg’s to you as well eggroll. it was definitely a learning experience.

I’d like to request adding my Youtube page to the others. I have a decent amount of Juri videos and i plan on uploading many more.

Excellent thread. I’m going to edit the forum guide to include this as it’s main Juri Video thread.

In all truth, it’s also one of your biggest tools, too. When you’ve forced your opponent to turtle, you’re very good at keeping your jump-ins ambiguous. Most of the time I got nailed with a jump-in, it was because I was expecting a cross-up. I personally don’t even use neutral jump, as I tend to try mastering ONE aspect of my character before moving onto another. Which tends to make me rather predictable.

Juri mirror vids from our Training session

[media=youtube]Sh-PGhnGoC8[/media] Shakugan VS me

[media=youtube]kLWHZcNO5N0[/media] Me VS D DADDYSWIFT

[media=youtube]T0aeleA-7KY[/media] D DADDYSWIFT Vs D3xTON

[media=youtube]QlG4P4yjS5g[/media] D3xTON Vs kirbykillerFTW

[media=youtube]kfUAh9R90W4[/media] kirbykillerFTW Vs General Vivi

[media=youtube]eRaqQIxD6EY[/media] General Vivi Vs Shakugan

[media=youtube]_HnGNP3DUG0[/media] General Vivi Vs Me

[media=youtube]_HnGNP3DUG0[/media] Me Vs D DADDYSWIFT

[media=youtube]Bzkz7K9OZOU[/media] ME Vs D3xTON

[media=youtube]1siubMDiuyw[/media] Me Vs kirbykillerFTW

[media=youtube]4NYqkFBl59I[/media] Me Vs Shakugan

I had to leave after that vid.

Here’s a video of me playing a damn good Dudley

Juri (me) vs Dudley part 1:[media=youtube]upGFIT8uWmA[/media]
Juri (me) vs Dudley part 2: [media=youtube]W1W3dR1U57k[/media]

[media=youtube]lBRO-tXm-vM[/media]

Just me randoming it up with Juri. lol Only started getting back into Juri like 2 days ago.

There should be more vids coming up where I start having an idea at how to pressure with her. This video was me exploring her normals, juggle properties, BnBs, and pressure strings. I couldn’t find a reliable way to pressure with Juri at the time.

When’s the next time you guys are doing Juri mirrors? Add me up to your Live and I’ll join in the next time you guys are doing this.

Great matches everyone! Had a blast! Will have to do this again soon!

Some critiques and complements from those videos.

I like General Vivi’s hit confirm of low fireball into Dive Kick. I also liked the neutral jump RH, c.Forward, short Fireball release, EX Pinwheel. I’ve been looking for good midscreen combos with that because depending on the character and distance a 2nd c.Forward after the short fireball hits usually whiffs. I’ve been meaning to test c.RH cause I think it has more range on it but if not Pinwheel is the optimal choice.

I noticed a lot of unsafe pinwheels and block strings involving close Pin wheels or EX Pinwheels. Some of you need to hit confirm into that shit. We all know they are really unsafe on block and even if you space yourself correctly to make short pinwheel safe against certain characters you have no pressure game afterwards because you’ve lost momentum. In my experimentation with Juri I find she can mount good offensive pressure with fireball stores and fireball releases up close. Working a fireball store into a block string is safe from my testing so far and allows you to pressure with the release afterwards which puts you at +6. It can also put you in ranges for cross ups or ambigious cross ups because your opponent has to guess at whether Juri’s going to do j.short, j.forward, j.strong, j.Fierce and to a lesser extent j.RH. All of these with the exception of j.RH can cross up your opponent and can be timed and space differently so it doesn’t cross up. Juri can get away with a lot of jump ins up close because of the amount of priority and ambigiouty she gets with her jumping normals. This allows you to get in to do pressure strings into fireball stores for mix ups and to gradually push your opponent into the corner. I find myself raping characters who don’t have good reversal options with fireball pressure in the corner. Even Balrog has issues dealing with it if you mix it up and bait and punish accordingly. It causes a lot of people to get frustrated and can lead into knockdown situations for FSE pressure. I can definitely see some huge corner rape if you master the unblockable setups into FSE engine. FSE in the corner is really good as well.

Wake up EX Pinwheel is a terrible reversal so some people in those vids need to be more selective with it’s use. It can be used as a wake up reversal if they are jumping at a bad angle on you but most of the time it trades or they cross you up for a free punish. Learn to block and apply her counter movements accordingly. Her dashes can be used as escape options as well.

I’m also surprised nobody in those vids opted for FSE. I know it’s a matter of personal preference and sometimes its better going for guaranteed big damage but FSE can turn a Juri match up where she has to play as a zoning character to a match up where she can RTSD. 1 or 2 combos from FSE is pretty much the equivalent of landing Ultra 2 as well so I really don’t see the downside to using it. I would find U2 to be more match up specific and ways to punish certain characters like Hawk’s condor dive.

Atrain:
I notice you opt to go for a reset after j.mp juggle. You used j.strong, land, s.jab, dash under for a mix up but I think your missing out on good damage opportunities into a knockdown. I mean I don’t see the benefit of doing the reset unless you were looking to position yourself out of the corner but no matter how I look at it I think the best combo you can get if they are crouching is c.short x3, pinwheel or if they are standing c.short, s.jab, c.forward, pinwheel and that’s assuming you don’t have a fireball store. The damage output from that is comparable or less to say doing j.strong, j.strong, s.Fierce, EX Pinwheels or depending on the angle of when j.strong hit, s.Fierce, EX Pinwheel.

I’m not saying I’m better at Juri then you guys since I’m still learning her as well but there’s a lot of things about Juri we’re not utilizing yet.

nice feedback dude, yeah we all are trying to step up our games and learn best practices. I think it will just take some time before everyone is one the same page to a degree :slight_smile: I’m def liking the way killer kirby plays her, we had a lot of different styles mashing last night.

session against bushinnr1
http://shoryuken.com/blog.php?b=1320

[media=youtube]38E5d7BPujk[/media]
[media=youtube]2LOiFG_vvKk[/media]

rest: http://www.youtube.com/user/Larlusthx#g/u

Here is a quick video that can explain one of the reasons why people are scared to use FSE at the moment.

Juri’s Profound Sadness: [media=youtube]PpGkFRbRKSA[/media]

The full match is actually quite intense and serious. This little clip just cut out the best part…and dramaticized it a little. A must see for all Juri players (for a laugh)

Oh, fuck yes. I remember that match! :D:D:D

I thought I was SO dead.

Good shit, brother.