Properties ov the j.RK

I’ve been on this one for a short while now but I figure that I’d post my findings here…

After looking over the few worthy Doom combo vids I decided to start pulling off my own stuff…so I start doing this combo on Mags:

(in corner) /, ad/df, ad.LK, ad.LK, /, s.LK, c.LK, c.RK…sj.RK as they get up…so on so forth…

After the sweep (and this is when they don’t roll) I pulled off the sj.RK so close to the ground that the instant it hit Magnus (and it registers as a overhead btw) Doom gets INSTANT recovery and can then dash in and OTG with c.LK, launch into whatever the hell I feel like doing…

EDIT: A special movement has to be done in order for this to work…if you try to just do the sj.RK by itself when they are getting up it’ll be too far up from the ground to be able to instant-land…

I also realized this phenomenon while playing against someone in my circle…Doom vs Cable…basically I baited his AHVB out with repeated sj.RK close to the ground (my gimmick btw) and when he tk’d AHVB Doom was already in j.RK frame and as the beam shot out Doom instant-blocked the super o.o!!

Unfortunately I don’t know how to get a direct feed from the tv to my laptop otherwise I’d prove this find…but I feel it’s something that ppl can actually mess with if they play Doom on point…

Coming Soon…just as Stilt-Man did for Blackheart…I’ll have a Doom thread up for anyone wanting to know how to play him/mechanics/glitches…till then, hope this interests someone out there…

-Scythe-

cool man id love to hear as much information as possible on doom as a point character.

I also do the j. hk super low to the ground. I thought i was the only person who did this. I dont see many people using doom as a point character, most people i see using doom are at the end of a match and are pretty careful.

air lps, low sj normals, cross-up down+ HP, NJ roman candles/whiffs, proper movement, and j. hks can make Doom pretty formidable. j. hk defintely adds some things to his game. i call it the gnarlyness

I mostly start off the match trying to zone with air lps. it depends how they react to that. if get in the air above me, j hks make it easy to escape, adjust, attack their assist, whatever. If they stay low to the ground i try and zone with sj/nj lps, the risk of a low HK, and roman candles. Another way to use the roman candle, which im not sure other people use is to make the opponent whiff or turtle. if you can get in the close enough/ anticipate a croutch, you can sj air dashxx roman candle very fast. it looks alot like an air lp.

j.RK = The Lazyboy Recliner…

IMHO this move has many uses and I’ll name then right now:

-Ghetto stomp-down (my term for Sent’s stomp rushdown). Just beware ov pushblocks and if that does happen just refly (or if you have unfly) and dash in ad.LK, ad.LK, stomp them again, or APA them for chip into a DHC…

-Bait out supers. This especially works against Cable once you become adept at the instant j.RK cancel recovery trick…Omega Red also has something like this with his diagonal Omega Strike when quick released as he falls…Even high caliber players were surprised when I pulled this off…Also works with almost instant beam supers such as IM’s PCannon and Cyke’s Optic Blasts…

-Mind games. Being that the j.RK is an overhead…for some odd reason players still block low fearing c.LKx2 into launch…Doing the j.RK instantly catches all but the fastest turtlers off guard…There isn’t much ov an option if this is done mid screen but APA for 5 hits DHC’d into Hail or HSF. In the corner, on the other hand…>.>…

And then there’s the c.RK…which is a PAIN IN THE ASS to escape if you don’t know how to…but I’ll explain the properties ov that one a little later…

forget it.

Don’t forget a couple quick light hits to cause block-stun, immediate cr.HK xx Super Jump Cancel before it animates, ADDF. There’s a technique that levels up Doom that nobody uses. Toppest tier execution.

c.LPx2 wait half a sec while they get pushed back a bit c.RK instant sjc ad/df into the randomness…yeah I know about this…for it actually works against Magnus when they begin second guessing…but a pushblock will likely screw this up without the proper follow-up…

Following up after his Stomp kick has been known for quite a while. He can do 2 or 3 in the corner …all depends on how low the stomp hits. It s been in a few vids.
You can use j Hk too.

A vid would be nice though.

Like I said earlier…if I had the equipment and knew how to do this I would make a couple ov Doom vids showing this stuff…

I’m actually starting to get off the low j.RK wavedash cancel down pat now… the OTG properties afterward are sickening especially in the corner (this into a double FP throw infinite setup…FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!)

Tech Hit???

Off ov a tech hit (depending on the character) you can activate flight and fly.LK, f.LK. If they block it they get guard broken and you can go into the corner infinite from there…and if they get hit with f.LK, f.LK you can either f.RK in to the inf or air dash LK, LK, RK into the inf yet again…all that depends on the character you’re trying to juggle…

Another thing you can do off ov a corner tech hit is f.LK (blocked) then ad up and APA them as they exit blockstun…DHC if you feel like it (Hail/HSF)…

This is what I like to see. Everyone chopping up good game about Doom. I’m subscribing to this. Share all you knowledge playas.

Like I said earlier in this thread…I’m working on an EXTENSIVE Dr. Doom guide/FAQ and I’ll have it up as soon as I can (with work and family I only have about a couple ov hours each day to mess with Doom in Training Mode and find out stuff for the guide). It’ll probably be much more in depth than StiltMan’s Blackheart guide…

Meanwhile, I pretty much broke Doom some more…messing with double/triple/quad. resets using assists now…I need to make you guys a vid ov this…it’s GDLK!!

Thats whats up dude! Do it!!!