Proper V-Skill Usage

Have you tried making the dummy jump in HK then immediately jump out?

Shouldn’t matter after the patch unless they jump forward.

What do you mean unless they jump forward? Does forward jump have less prejump frames or something?

Guys, this is me just pondering right now, since I’ve yet to try this in a match, but what about using his v skill in as a pseudo alpha counter? You initiate the parry while holding forward and release as soon as he starts up the walking portion to get the flex. It’s only -2 on block but you’ll be left at a possibly better situation than before with v meter gained.

I’ve been trying to use it like that a lot more since I found out the flex combos into VT activation.

This is an awesome tech. Seems that you have to really be quick about activating v trigger after flex, like mashing speed. I suspect this is going to be one of the easier/best ways to get it active and hit.

That’s quite incrediable, since you need clearance of 27 recovery frames. 25 because of the +2 on hit. So I’m skeptical but hopeful. Amazing if it works.

Instead of an unsafe standing HP, or a standing HK that cant hit crouchers, we can use this. One read and your in like flyn. Definately a game changer.

You can combo the flex part of V-Skill into V-Trigger. Nifty.

It seems works during you wake up against meatly attacks
Try it out.

I’ll check that out but I would imagine that v skill doesn’t or shouldn’t work against true timed meaties. When their active frames are on us at wake up we still need to activate v skill and it doesn’t have invincibility. Maybe it does. Will try. This would be a game changer for sure as we would have at least some option besides block on wakeup.

At least I have never fail when using v skill against meatly attack on wake up
The blocking seems occur immediatly after u press mpmk

You need to be +5 frame advantage after the absorb to guarantee that SPD. So whatever it is that your absorbing has got to have 15 or more recovery frames.

What I suspect is happening is, your +1 after absorbing Ken’s jumping attack. Ken then goes to do crouch LP. But your 5 frame startup SPD scoops him, before he can hit you.

At -1 frame disadvantage, he could escape the grab via back dash, jump, shoryuken or whatever.

does the trigger need to be already activated before the flex or can it combo vtrigger activate?

It combos into the activation. Very useful tech.

Flex into VT activation is my main method. Other solid ways of getting VT is from st.hp. I am trying my hardest not to do raw activations but only combo into it.

dont forget a blocked c.hk so you wont be punished

Rule 1. Obey the Speed Limit!

If your carrying too much load, you need to slow the fuck down. Not a good idea to engage in battle while carrying too much white life baggage.

But it could be argued that if your carrying too much load, you not using the V-Skill correctly. And your gambling instead of making smart reads. And you need to block/counter poke more

Zangief’s V-Skill is used to either:

a) Secure guaranteed damage, whether its V-Flex xx VT or V-Body into SPD, against 15+ frame recovery moves, or V-Flex and turtle your ass off if they are out of range, or V-Flex into mix-up if they are in range

*V-Flex = +2 frame advantage on hit, and you take 50 of their life

b) V-Body to obtain the frame advantage, against medium pokes of around 11 to 15 frames recovery. So you can proceed into a mix-up. This will be of important use in the LP SPD-Dash game.

Using the V-Body to interrupt gaps in block strings, and take the frame advantage will be key. Even if you don’t guarantee an SPD from it. You go on the offense and can mix up.

is v flex really just +2 on hit because it can combo to vtrigger

Yes just +2 unless you do it meaty then you can get it up to +6, but the reason why it activates into VT is because it is cancelable into the VT. And being point blank with the flex probably helps too.

i mean it combos into it even when its not activated didnt even do it as a meaty but it connected