Project Magenta 2017

Does this mean we’ll have JLF Link options down the road for it? :open_mouth:
Then I’m assuming the throw range will be just like the JLF if I’m correct?
But I am really hyped for this overall.

Is it possible if you can cooperate with istmall and bring your stick to Korea? This looks very interesting

For Europe please consider working with smallcab.net please! Theyre my favorite euro shop by far.

I got to witness this first hand at EVO and it’s f*cking SEXY!
Good work Bryan keep it up!

Its probably the most amazing stick i have played on in the past 20 years. It can fix flaws in my game that I have had with force of habit and has corrected those.

So glad I have one now, and I hope you jump on the magenta bandwagon asap!

Will be interested in trying it once it’s available.

Well if Mr Wizard himself gave it an outstanding review, then you know armi0024 is on to something.

So if any of you saw the magenta analog stick demo at EVO 2017 you probably noticed we left the stick setup software connected to the stick running all weekend. This is actually something the magenta was not designed to do but it does not impact game play since the two tasks run concurrently. What we did discover is that by watching the magenta lever output on the PC you can visually see the difference between bad / average / good players. This lead to a number of discussions and an additional proof of concept app that records and display the stick inputs for later review!

Looking at the images below can you tell who likes to ride the gate and who does a better Hadouken? Data was collected at various events with permission and the names withheld protect the guilty. =)

I know that Magenta supposed to upgrade various different fightsticks. Are you able to make a custom Magenta stick with Magenta logos and /or colors and so forth on the stick?

Any thoughts on using the magenta for an analog gamecube fightstick.

This was discussed above.

definitely interested in this tech. Tagging for future developments on the project!

+1 :slight_smile: They’re easily the best shop regarding whole Europe.

The Hori RAP4/V pcb has a 6-pin JST(?) connector which I guess would allow the Magenta to plug in directly? At least they’ve soldered the 5 cables from the stick to it. A picture from my RAPV for reference, the one the right:

Now, would it be possible to have a change to purchase a cable with the Magenta which would plug it in directly to Hori RAP4 & V? I guess something like this:

If they’re would be a change to plugin instead of soldering one would definitely go for that, and the Magenta looks awesome!

This is possible with the HRAP

Great, thanks!

@ZonbiPanda one of those has to be me, and I’d guess it’s the top one lol. But yeah, that’s interesting data. :tup:

Stellar work!

Am I correct in assuming you can switch from modes 1-4 with just the flick of a small switch on the PCB?

Idea for future version: Instead of having physical switches that clicks, would it be possible to have a small “speaker” that makes a clicking sound whenever an engage point is hit? (Serious question).

There’s a momentary on the PCB, but there’s also a wiring harness on it that you can set to go to a button on your stick to act as a modal button without having to open the case.

The clicking is possible now, would be a hack but there is an LED that goes on every time a direction is hit.

Will this joystick require the connectors to be installed facing a certain direction, or can the directions be chosen via the computer program?