Pressure, Safety, Mixups, Resets and Approach

People can get much too much into combos, in this game. The majority of characters have 900K or more health, and the average combo does 600K damage, so really, unless you can take your damage to an extreme and kill with less than two combos, getting better damaging combos isn’t your chief concern. What is? Landing combos!

I want this thread filled to the brim with with as much Iron Fist tech as physically possible, and then some! Info on how he can work solo is more important than assisted stuff, because you can’t and shouldn’t always rely on your assists!

Bring it!

Just gonna repost this.

Just from some limited experience trying this, I’ve found that, when ending a combo with Volcanic Roar in the corner (ideally on a character who has limited air movement options… no double jump), I’m often able to land an air throw immediately and follow up with a second combo that will finish almost any character (assuming I threw them back in the direction of the corner and the throw wasn’t too high in the air to land the OTG on time)

since iron fist needs the opponent to be grounded to put up any kind of fight,ive found that tick throws are very very good.not only that it keeps the opponent on the ground,but if the opponent rolls you can wavedash over them and cross them up which allow for lil left right mixups.another good pressure tactic is standing M, H, assist.if they pushblock the H the assist will chase them and you can continue pressure.as far as mixups go, other than the roll one i mentioned you can mixup the overhead and the low rekkas in blockstrings.otherwise i think it might depend on the assists you have.for example i use spencer slant assist,so on incoming i call the assist to hit meaty,if they advance guard ill go for air throw,if not ill dash under.also if you land a full combo with iron fist,when you do crescent heel and call spencer,instead of getting another crumple you can not do anything and go for a throw.at that point you can most likely kill with no meter or one.also if you train the opponent to try to tech in that situation you can go for counter hit with standing M and definitely get the kill.i have some really wacky mixups that i cant really explain so ima have to make a video lol.

From practicing an Iron Fist BnB a lot, I’ve found that once can get going, he has awesome reset potential.
For reference, the aforementioned combo: [media=youtube]5vo1ccR2uAI[/media]

1.) After the wall bounce, instead of dashing back, stay in the corner and do f+H for the Quick Kick. The move has very low hit-stun and can be jump canceled; perfect for an air throw! The opponent will flip out of the combo and IF can jump to be meet them in the air.

1. After the wall bounce, follow the sequence, but replace the dp.L with qcf.L. Again, the low hit-stun of qcf.L will cause the combo to drop immediately, but the move also has a very quick recovery, so IF can get an air throw.
    You could also go through the whole combo, until the very end, replace qcf.S with qcf.L for similar effect.

3.) With an assist, say Akuma’s Tatsu.
Do the whole combo, but don’t end in Volcanic Roar. Instead, after the qcf.S, call Tatsu assist and qcb.M, dp. L.
The opponent gets lifted by Tatsu, which has low hit-stun and high knockback, and IF will be in a good air throw position.

4.) Do the whole combo. Super-jump air throw.

I don’t have the exact numbers but I think that IF can get 500k meter neutral solo off an air throw.

Tick throws i feel are an underused tactic with iron fist. if you manage to get a touch, tick throwing from L or M can force ur opponent to start pressing buttons when you get in, which opens the door to frame traps paying off.

I haven’t really tested this, but sometimes I can do a Dragon Fang on incoming during Ammy Cold Star assist. Iron Fist will cross-up the incoming character while Ammy hits, and depending on the timing I can get a combo. I should probably test this more, but it’s an idea. Also, I’ve seen st. M cross up the opponent Haggar Violent Ax style on incoming in X-Factor. That might be something, but I haven’t been able to replicate it, it seems to happen randomly when I play.

I’ve noticed standing M can cross up on incoming without x factor. the tricky part is confirming afterwards because of the awkward angle. I think IF can be pretty dirty on incoming with assists like cold star. Especially against big bodies because u can do j. L for an instant overhead.