Power of Who? - The new Nova Team Building Thread

[media=youtube]ZOc91zJGbeo[/media]

I REALLY wanna run Nova/Doom/Strange but i feel im obligated to learn raw FoF loops combos, since i refuse to pick up spencer. I think bolts can be good for both nova and doom.

Refuse to play Spencer?! =O lol…na well…in my opinion, Nova/Strange/Doom (missiles) is the best way to go. Doom’s DHCs to Nova aren’t super good but Strange tracks. Also, when Nova dies, Strange can have missiles to help his defense/approach cuz from what I understand he’s one of those hail mary anchors.

What are your thoughts on Nova + RR Spitfire twice?

I’m really liking it and going to use it instead of Logtrap.

Also, you have Mad Hopper for mixup shenanigans as well as some traps if you’re bothered with net trap.

Spitfire and Log trap are both pretty amazing for Nova. However, Log Trap is honestly better and one of the very best assists for Nova in general. It gives him everything he needs. Log Trap wrecks…

Maybe I wasn’t really good back then but I’m liking the spitfire. Maybe I’ll go back to it when I get better.
When you use it, is the blockstun of log trap long enough to go for a mixup?

You get a mixup after any Cent Rush by using Log Trap. Log Trap is bettter. You have cold star for your pinning assist.

lol thank you for not running nova/spencer/doom, to many people are starting to play that team nowadays.

bolts with doom and nova is sick dude, you can get some good mix ups in when the assist is out, and from what ive been told strange plus missles is cheap shit. Hes a really good anchor too man

changed up my nova teams recently and am running nova/frank/dante which is working out really really well, still working on a few things:

incorporating jam session in nova combos if it’s possible. DHC out of nova force hyper to dante. optimized dante combo with nova/frank assists… imo having the safety of frank/dante shell in the back works really well to ensure your almost always getting lvl 4/5 frank, nova’s tac resets make tac’s really reliable imo for leveling frank up which means he comes in with a truckload of meter ready to go.

other team i’m working with is nova/spencer with doom assist in the back, really more of an idea at this point, i wanted to use the crumple combos to set up for dr.doom since he doesn’t need any bounces to do his thing and adds good meter gain (as well as making nova’s already potent airthrow game even more scary).

anyways, was hoping for thoughts or ideas.

Lol its a great team (Nova/spenc/doom) if you are seriously trynna learn that team by all means hit me up if you need tech/ combos etc advice

I used to run Nova/Vergil/Hawkeye, but I didn’t like Hawkeye so I want to use Taskmaster.

What would the best order for that team? I feel like it can be run in any order so long as Taskmaster isn’t on point.

Taekua is the only player I’ve watched that uses this team and he goes Vergil point for the unblockables.

Are there any other Nova/Vergil players out there? And is Taskmaster the best choice for this team? I’ve thought of Strider, but I don’t really like him all that much.

Nova to Task DHC is just too good and anchor Vergil is anchor Vergil so I would say Nova Task Vergil.

Without having the game in front of me, I think you can do Nova Slam in the corner off a hard knockdown, wait, call Jam Session, Energy Javelin, Cent Rush M, Cent Rush H, sj Super Nova.

Anyway both those teams are super good and you can find some information about them in this thread and the previous Nova Team thread.

I think Nova/Vergil/Task is the best order, but honestly Vergil on point is fine too. There are a lot of Vergil/Nova’s in Japan that play Vergil last with Nova first or second but I think the synergy is pretty meh. Nova’s arguably got a better neutral game and can DHC into Spiral Swords easily allowing for TOD’s, then when Vergil can get the unblockable setup on incoming characters with Nova’s assist. I didn’t realize how goddamn dirty that team was until I saw Taekua play a long set.

If you don’t like Strider or Hawkeye, by all means don’t play them. I think Taskmaster is a fine fit for the team, his horizontal assist is one of the best for both characters.

Nova slam uses a groundbounce already so you can’t call javelin to bring them back down. I dont think Jam session holds them THAT long but idk…I havent done it in the lab yet.

I was thinking it would since it lasts so long… you’ll probably get in the lab before me so lemme know if it works.

yeap I’m right. It doesn’t work because javelin is a groundbounce on the way down and Nova slam is already a groundbounce. Only possible extension off Nova slam is:

Nova slam SLIGHT delay jam session S tk M Cent Rush L rush Grav. Blaster and then DHC to Dante

HOWEVER It should be noted that off a raw Nova Slam, you can do delayed Dante call, Human Rocket for two hits where the second his is DOWN and you can link a Super Nova

can i dhc to dante off the air super nova? or is it more like the dhc to spencer?
on the nova/spencer/doom team i can’t for the life of me hit these hard tag combos to doom, is there some trick i’m missing? off air throw it seems like i’m too far away and off the crumple i’m just a tad too late or they drop out after 1 rep of foot dive loop.

Dante CANNOT DHC to Nova off of Super Nova…at least not for full damage off of either super…you would have to send super nova so they can fall into guns. As for NSD don’t do hardtag combos to Doom. Just like you said, after an optimal Nova combo intro crumple, they fall out and stuff. If you wanna do a crumple combo, go to Spencer.

I’m in love with this team and it has sorta become my new main. Personally I run doom anchor because the hard tag lets me build hella meter for vergil if I get a grab and I think doom is a better X Factorless and meterless anchor than task so I can more easily go ham with vergil. However arrows is a way better assist for vergil than plasma beam so there is that tradeoff.

I definitely don’t want this to be seen as my thread, i’m just an average player with hopefully good knowledge of the game, i’m gonna rely a lot of you guys to keep putting good info into this thread. However, i can be a pretty stubborn dude so will need some convincing on some aspects :slight_smile:

Here’s my thinking on Nova/Ammy explained a little better, Nova/Ammy as a straight pair has big holes in it, in the same way that Nova/Frank and particularly Nova/Spencer do, however Frank and Spencer both offer something HUGE to a Nova team, (Top tier Frank levelling and all the nonsense that the crumple brings) Ammy doesn’t really do that, he just has good solid stuff that helps Nova but nothing stupidly good that papers over the cracks.

Marv, what are you getting at when you say that you don’t like Missiles because of Cent Rushes? That’s one of the big reasons i like Missiles, throwing out a Cent Rush backed by missiles gives you two mixup oppurtunities afterwards and gives a free confirm on hit.