Post Your 3 Most Substantial X-Men in Marvel vs Capcom Game History

I just wanna know who you think are the three most substantial x-men characters in Marvel vs Capcom Games History.

Give 3 in order but you can give a longer list if you want to.

If possible, provide explanation.

#1 James Howlett aka Wolverine - cos well he is the most popular X-men character.

#2 Ororo Munroe aka Storm because of being a good character to use in X-men vs Street Fighter and being a goddess-tier (broken character with 8way air dash, spammable typhoon and being noisy :slight_smile: ) in Marvel vs Capcom 2. She also usually represents the african race for the game, as well as a female leader and the only white-haired lady in the game.

#3 Magneto - I gave him an edge over Sentinel since Magneto is pretty much a popular character and a sentinel doesn’t really have its own character. Also Magneto has been a top tier character in MVC3/UMVC3

lol

• Cyclops
  • Juggernaut
  • Cable

I want to write a list that doesn’t just consist of [insert famous X-Men character here]. To me my appreciation for the X-Men is rooted in the 90’s cartoon series and in MvC history these would be my top 3.

Cyclops to me was always one of the most important characters in the series, despite being an absolute failure in life his redeeming quality was his excellence for leadership. With that I rank him higher than Wolverine in terms of importance despite being much less popular. While Wolverine is equally insecure and has also been a leader, Cyclops is a good character gameplay wise and shouldn’t be forgotten. I also really liked his redesigns in the movies, he’s the one character I could be happy with sporting a new uniform in a MvC game. Also who can forget “Never Give Up?” It made MvC2 famous. “We just got our selves a real match!!!” Justin Wong and team Matrix have shown just how much of a good character he is.

Juggernaut is the first true Giant of the MvC series (not including CotA Sentinel) with his enormous exploding muscles and massive HEAD CRUSHING helmet. He’s significant to me because he’s one character that the 4MB Saturn RAM cartridge was necessary for in XMvSF on consoles. On Playstation Juggernaut/Sabretooth vs Juggernaut/Sabretooth had limitations, but on the Saturn it could handle everything including tagging that had no problems in making it run absoluotely arcade perfect. It’s one of the games that defined the Saturn as the king of 2D games in that era. And that’s why I love him, HEAD CRUSH!!!

Despite being an overall badass character in general, Cable was the first character to really break the norm and bring the guns to the show. There’s not much explaining needed here, forget eye beams and samurai swords, Cable came fully loaded with grenades, a giant magnum and a laser canon. He’s badass, not much more needs to be said.

Marrow, Silver Samurai, and Omega Red

Sentinel - the most unique character ever created. no character in fighting game history comes close to how he plays in mvc2. Also, you can tell capcom took great efforts with the animation that went into this character in cota.

Juggernaut - the first good big bodied tank character by capcom. Hes also the first character that has super armor.

Wolverine - because no marvel game can be complete without Wolverine and hes been top tier in everyone of them except 2. People can argue Magneto all day but he aint shit until MvC2.

Rogue - for her stolen moves mechanic.