Portland Public Casuals Revival?

Is anyone interested in having public events for casuals again? I was looking into venues and Guardian Games has just moved into a new (and much easier to find) space in super inner SE. The biggest problem was they’re only open til 8pm during the week and 10pm on Friday/Saturday. I talked to the management and they said it’s not a problem to keep the place open til midnight if we can guarantee a minimum player count (they only needed 8 people) and a small per person fee ($2). They said if things go well it’s possible they could stay open even later and/or waive the player fees. They are primarily an analogue gaming store, so people would need to bring setups (I can bring 2 monitors, a 360 and a PC myself), but they have TONS of space and sell snacks and alcohol onsite. It’s even a plausible venue for tournaments if there’s interest in getting that going again.

I dunno if anyone else actually misses Best Bout, but figured I’d throw this out there for people to discuss and leave feedback on.

Yes.

Yes!

I figure to need at least six setups to be confirmed (including my two), and around 15 people wanting to go (to make sure we get at least 8 ;P). Would need to figure out what day to do it as well; Friday and Saturday would be easy (I’d go with Friday) since they’re already open later those days, but I could ask about other days if people are more interested in those (not Tuesday like BB was though, since I’m gonna have school those evenings this fall). Was thinking of trying to run it every other week to start with as well.

Guardian on friday is convenient enough for me that I’d probably show up there every week (even if I can’t consistently get to play the one fighting game I like)

I can bring a laptop ST setup.

I was just trying to find live casual game. I’m in tonight if you want.

Whelp, gonna try this and see how it goes, event posting over here:

http://www.facebook.com/events/627159043983832/

NE Portlander here looking for some meetups. Is there an active facebook group for this?

I might be able to host at some point. Also, I have a projector.

There’s not an active anything really. There’s a fb group that a lot of people are a part of, but nobody really seems interested in playing stuff open and locally anymore. I got a few people out a couple times and then nobody the third, but I don’t know how the hell to advertise that stuff properly anyways. I dunno if it’s location or lack of equipment or what, but my connections and resources are limited, so there isn’t much I can do on my own.

Check out the Portland Gaming Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/245219828861083/) or the Portland FGC facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/portlandfgc/). If you post something the players will see it.

dafuck happened here? people sleeping while Gen just woke up, looks like Wedge is the man now.

I am in Portland for the holidays and I am looking to play some casual AE matches. I can play other SF games too but I will get destroyed by anyone who is somewhat competent at them (still willing to try). I’ve checked several facebook groups but I couldn’t find any sessions. If anyone is free some time in the next couple weeks please let know. I have a xbox fightpad so i can play on xbox or pc just fine, but ps3 would be ok too if you could let me borrow a controller. Thanks!