Portland and Southern Maine- Make It Happen!

yeah ill keep in touch about friday. too bad thursday is a no go. gratz on a year alive though!

id be down for having a couple people over here every once in a while for some matches seeing as i dont really have much competition with my friends. its going to be cool to acctually get mopped up for once

Thats unfortunate Chad, but I can’t blame you either, because there really is no scene around here! Maybe 6 or 7 people max play FGs on a non-casual level! Oh, well. Fridays at my house will continue (unless work conflicts) so fear not my friends, I will still be able to beast on y’all lol!

Tomorrow night is gonna be great, though. I am looking to get in some long sets with everyone so I can get my newly-mained Honda down, and also get some of the rust off of my Sim for the tournament Sunday! Things will be kicking off earlier than the past couple weeks, so anytime after 7pm should be good.

New faces, PM me asap about coming to this…I can answer any Qs you might have and give you directions and what not.

Since Coast City never really worked out, who is going to help me set up a new night outside of Fridays at my house? Also, would anyone be interested in making a roadtrip down to Nashua some Thursday to check out there fight night? We Maine players need to get out there and test the New England waters, you know what I mean?!

I’d host at my place, except for the fact that my place is pretty small and I don’t really have seating for more than 3 other people in my living room, haha. I do have a pretty nice TV though!

I’d be up for checking out the Nashua scene as well. Anyways, i’ll be over tommorrow a little after 7pm, looking forward to getting some matches in!

Sorry for not keeping this thread current this week, but its going down tonight at my house. I wont be around until 10pm at the latest, but you guys can show up at 9pm and my bro will be here to let you in and set up and shit. Open to anyone interested in the area. We are all just trying to learn our characters and get better, so if arent that good, no problem neither are we haha! And if you are pretty solid at the game, awesome! We need some teachers lol. PM for directions and i should be able to respond at some point today or tonight, although I wont have much access if any to a pc until 6pm ish or 10pm.

Hey I’m a new face to you guys but I’ll be there tonight.

wont be able to make it tonight guys, not unless this party im going to turns out to be a bust.

ive been in the lab a bit though so i got some tricks for next time :wink:

Well we should be doing it next week, so bring that new shit! Also, i hope that partys hot lol!

Same time tonight? Around 9?

Hey, are the casuals in Portland still going on? I’ve been playing for several years now, but I’ve never been able to find a good casuals session. If they are still happening, please, for the love of God, send me in that direction! I need real people to fight against, dammit!

Its been a while, friends, but I think its time to take another stab at a sucessful Southern Maine game night! I just finished moving a few days ago into my new place in Portland, and I gotta say, even though its smaller and in a housing complex, I think its more hype than my old pad. I have a nice setup going, with a low, comfortable couch and a brand new 42" plasma, plus room for another setup or two if needed. Also picked up BBCS and I am looking to get into that shit with some locs.

I am also on a two-week vacation, so any day is basically good for me to host, but if you had to choose the best day for y’all this week, would it be Wednesday or Thursday? I am not commiting to the usual friday game night right now because I am thinking about getting shitfaced and heading to the Old Port for a change that night, but that could change as the week goes on.

yo let’s make this happen for real, I’m back in Maine again and really want to play. Wednesday works for me.

Whats up chuck, the rest of the guys weren’t down for wednesday or friday, don’t know but maybe saturday or sunday night will hopefully work for everyone.

I’m up for it. Gotta check out that new Blazblue and your new setup. I don’t have anything set in stone this week (aside from tonight) so let me know what’s going on!

hmm saturday or sunday is a maybe for me, monday thru thursday would be best. Heading back up to orono in a couple weeks so we should get a couple sessions in.

Ok, so then lets try for tomorrow night? Address and times to follow.

sounds good, I’ll be bringing a friend with me if everything is a go, and if it’s ok.

Yea so tonight should be good. I haven’t heard back from dreadl0000rd, and he is Damien’s ride usually, so it will most likely be four of us if chuck brings a friend. If anyone else in southern maine sees this in time, pm if you are considering going. I live in a really accessible part of Portland now, close to 295 and 95, so you can get here from there haha. Dusty Feets, where you at my friend? Sanford ain’t too far to pop in for once!!!

As for time, probably around 8pm should work for me. I live at a place called Woodwind Commons, building 4, apartment 9. Its off of Harvard Street, which is off of a Washington Ave. close to Amatos and Shaws Northgate. It will be on your left if travelling towards Amatos. Drive around the circle of apartments until you see a right turn marked ‘Visitor Parking’, its a big dirt lot. Anywhere there is fine.

Haha wow dude, you’re like only 10 minutes away from me now. THE DREADLORD better be in attendance! I don’t want to hear any excuses from him! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, I’ll be there a little after 8.

Word Josh. I pm’ed Mr. dread yesterday, he just replied to it this afternoon and I think he is confused as to when this is happening because he was saying he couldn’t make it friday. I responded to him letting him know that it is tonight, but I don’t know if he will get it in time! Txt him if you got his number and let him know!

GGS last night guys! I had fun AND learned a few things=D