Poison Team Synergy Thread

I may end up doing the same once people start getting use to the game. Though I got no idea who would be a good point character for Lili or be a good backup for Poison. Thinking about giving Jin a shot.

I rolled some Poison/Nina tonight, I think I’m satisfied with that team. Starting Poison gives you a chance to zone and wear down the opponent (and frustrate the other player). She can build meter, but I really only look for one bar at all times, either for a quick LMT or to use Nina’s bnb. Switching Nina in is an easy ~400dmg.

Aside from that, Nina has the rush down game that Poison really doesn’t. Frame traps, overheads, juggles, combos off counters, etc.

BTW: Guile’s Flash Kick dmg >.> wow… Just tag him in and hit that, then raw tag back in XD

Poison can play both positions, IMO, just not particularly amazingly.

Point: She builds great meter and doesn’t NEED to use it to hold her own. However, she has no 100% safe way that I know of to tag in her partner on block. Her go-to ways of getting a partner in is either a chain-canceled jab into tag or a tag-canceled wakeup Dragon Kick, which is actually a REALLY GOOD wakeup tool. There’s also wakeup launcher if you predict a low. Both of the wakeup options are unsafe of course.

Anchor: While good without meter, she’s great with it too. EX LMT punishes things from afar such as fireballs, she can combo/frame trap into her super easily, and extend her damage with EX WoL. However, she has very little juggle potential and just doesn’t do a lot of damage in general to finish off an opponent.

She’s a true jack of all trades, master of none character.

This is one of my current teams. My idea for teams is to keep it simple and have someone who can hit hard off her launchers. Julia and Nina do this really well - Nina you can do a full juggle using Skull Splitter, Julia you just raw HP into Special that shit since she hits like a truck.

Poison/Xiaoyu.

It’s a hard team. The game is still new but already Xiaoyu is weird to use as a tag in partner. I’m not sure what to combo with post launcher. But I do like her as a character. I’m not sure about Xiao on point either because her footsie game is kinda eh for me. Decent range normals, and low health. Not many good options either for Tag cancelling.

I need to pick up the guide and get somewhat of a basis started.

Oh and I agree, Poison does pretty good on her own.

Xiao/Poison is one of the few teams I’d go with Poison as a second character. Though Xiao is really, really weird to play with, she has some interesting tag combos using her multi-hitting stance attacks because they keep the opponent grounded, so you can go ahead and do things like jump-ins or simply cl.:HP: into WoL or DP for heavy damage.

Chris G won last night’s Big Two with Xiaoyu/Hwaorang. Check out the archive for some ideas~

Julie is Yun in drag, just sayin… it’s like a double team of trap >>

Went back to using Poison/Nina. Like Aoi said, Nina is simply incredible and getting past 400 damage off one launcher for a single stock is simply amazing, specially when using Power gems that activate with a partner launcher on Nina.

Ive been running Poison/Julia - Poison/Lili they seem to work pretty well. Julia does alot of damage since you can just tag right into her of a hit confirm and such.

Bob is actually is a good partner o_O i get around 380+ depending on the cross rush method without using meter. and Bobs Tag Cancel ability is great too, plus like alot of the tekken cast he can get in there and be a beast~ plus i love his Shoryuken…its so bad ass and i use it to TC into a good combo with Poison all the times~

just for the shits and giggles i’ll post up all the character specific dialog at the top later~ so you can decide for yourself if thats the pair your willing to go with~ a side note, Immense Power lv.1(Partner Connects with a launcher) is great and all, but since i’ve been messing with the DLC Gems alot I found that the Switch Cancel(Tag Cancel) Gems are Rather Beast too…and they are more specific but you get more mileage out of them if you know what your doing of course~

I’m actually feeling Poison/Law.

Law is pretty awesome with meter. And dat combat yelling is godlike.

I am only renting the game right now, but I am using Poison/Asuka and I am sticking to it. I don’t got anything fancy say right now considering that I still am having troubles with most stuff right now.

I have to agree that Poison/Lili looks pretty “synergetic” :stuck_out_tongue:
Lili alone is just soooooooo good, but I’m trying to avoid her bandwagon.
“Asuka, Team Asuka, Asuka…”

Hells yes, Nina and Poison are the tits together. You can use that same meter to tag Poison back in without much loss in damage either = ).
Nina: Bnb->geyser…cr.hp hk geyser…hold forward and do Ivory Cutter (LP+MK) after one tiny stepxxMP+MK. It bounds while Poison gets a free cr.mkxxKBG.

Poison/Heihachi do really well together. Either of them can be point or battery depending on the match. They can get 600 damage off one bar together.

Aoi and Jamp i really like your input you two give me alot to test for myself and think about, because this thread isn’t really about saying “NO NO THESE CHARACTER CAN’T WORK TOGETHER” or anything like that, even though Nina and Poison don’t actually like each other~ they obviously can dish out the damage. Genistar if you feel that Heihachi work with Poison kinda explain alittle of why that is, because there is alot of that with Asuka and Steve too o_O even though day one i liked doing that one command throw with Steve Tag Cancel and fully charge a super with it for 511 damage~

the thread is more about why these characters work together and figuring out what best suits you, thats why i give a crap ton of examples…basically tell me why there is synergy then just saying there is, because Top tier is synergy too right? lolz anyways let the post continue~

I don’t have any combos to share to prove it (Though I hope to soon), but I think Poison/King is a pretty viable pairing. King is always on the prowl for meter, and Poison can provide it aplenty due to not really having much use for it. King also gets decent meterless damage off of in-coming tag in combos due to his juggle knee, and also gets good positioning off them to continue pressure.

Poison/Grappler in general feels like it could be pretty strong seeing as how much they benefit from having EX options, just mentioning King because I feel like he has really scary mixup, even for a grappler which makes him all the more scarier up and hard to deal with up close.

what about poison/geif??? any thoughts?

That’s Currently my team and it seems to work just fine with poison on point she builds up meter and uses her fireballs to chip away at the opponent when things get too crazy or she starts taking a lot of damage that’s when you tag in the red cyclone!