Please help me in the Vega matchup

Ok so for the past year i have been playing my friends Vega with Cammy and to me it seems like Vega is literally an S tier character. He can do anything exept for mabey his slide and hes safe, if you walk forward towards him hes just sat there mashing jab and if he hits you once he takes you on a trip around the stage and 1/3 of your hp is gone. You cant jump neither because all he does is jump and air throw you which hey you cant do anything about! Mabey you get lucky and put a bit of pressure on him but he has some nice flips and hops and an ult that slides him to the other end of the stage top get away safely. He doesnt even need to attack, you cant attack him, cant mix him up especially now with delayed wake up. But i think the number one most frustrating thing he can do aside from the air throw is that he can jab you out of a point blank ex Tk Cannon Strike. Please is there any help what anyone can give me because to be honest i love street fighter, sure no one likes losing but this character is sucking the fun out of this game for me and on top of that my friend is someone who literally tries to win in the most troll ways possible, he will literally spend a whole game just sitting waiting jumping back with his claw, and just sit there mashing his jab or waiting for u to jump so he can throw you. Even his wall dive shennanigans are annoying, you cant Cannon Spike because he will be on the other side, all you can do is try to focus and dash away and then hope your lucky because if your not you get izuna dropped.

All help appreciated.

I know exactly how you feel and I’d also appreciate help with that. Vega has been one of my worst matchups for a while now. I feel like I’ve lost way too many matches to the “troll Vega”, I could never figure out how to beat players who just roll and spam the flying specials. Something in this character just doesn’t click for me.

1) Normals: I just can’t figure out when and how I’m supposed to attack or stop blocking. His normals are so fast, frame-trappy and long ranged that when I stop blocking I’m half way through the screen. Then he’ll just poke or just do yolo specials, which leads us to 2.

2) Specials: I also hit training mode to record his specials and try to punish them, but it’s really hard since they’re to be aimed on the fly. DP mostly goes right past him and if I try to block he can just hit me on the other side or grab. Jump back normal also doesn’t work, you get grabbed out of it. When he notices I can’t deal with his specials, it’s spam time. Which leads to profound sadness.

What I can say though is that you’re supposed to follow him down if he wakes up with a backroll. It’s easy to just dash after him and keep the pressure.

but surely someone can help us, im guessing Vega isnt a hidden op ‘S Tier’ character… but i do think he is higher than most tiers currently have him at. plz help us

You basically need to walk him down. Once he is in the corner it is much more manageable. Secondly Im going to assume the vega player knows your patterns and that because you use cammy. Knows that you like to take to the air. Also vegas normals into “rolling attack” are not true block strings and can be jumped after the normal he has used.

Overall you must be patient and walk him to the corner. Space yourself so you dont get clipped by cr.mp

hope that helps

From the excellent [Cammy Masterclass](Cammy Masterclass SSF4 AE 2012 [CROSSUP DIVEKICKS SAFEJUMPS AND MATCHUPNOTES] thread by @Shiroyasha :

It helped me a bunch in the Vega match-up. I hope it helps you too… Remember, Vega is free on wake-up.