Please give me suggestions on FADC Ultra 1

hi,

first of all, sorry for my poor english.

Would you mind give some tips on input Cody’s FADC uc1? I 've practice it around 4 months, for the basic combo 236hk->fadc->UC1 , my success rate is around 80% in trainng mode. ( but the input of UC1 cannot be exactly 236236 everytime )

My holding stick style is not Diago or wineglassess type, if I try to describe how I hold the stick lever, it’s in between sako and fuudo , I use the proximal phalanx part of index and middle (main) fingers for input right direction.
For input the 236236, , i use the distal inter-phalangeal joint and middle phalanx of the index and middle fingers and the distal phalanx of thumb to input.

I try to find and watch all famous players 's hands close up on youtube. but not yet get a clue.

it seems that after 236HK , if I want to have a success fadc->UC1, either need to delay the FADC (dash part) or extend to last direction input of the second quarter circle of UC1 (delay pushing three punch buttons).

I observed my fails, most occured at the quarter circles part, sometimes input become 36236 or 236232 or 23636 or 2366. I really want to do exactly 236236 (without extra inputs or reduced input like 23236 or 2326)
but I think the main problem is on the dash part. After the second input of the right direction, my hand muscle may not ready to start do the 236236 flawlessly.

My question is after dash forward (facing right), left hand should stop and stay at the right direction a very short time to let the muscle get ready to shift from direction right to down directly
or leave the stick and let it return to neutral before input 2 times quarter circles, which way is better?
or any other suggestion?

I find I cannot coordinate well and stable especially on cody (facing right) ex zonk knuckle FADC UC1 .

I feel that cody 's standing or crouch HP cancel to 236HK->FADC->UC1 , I need to delay input the FADC when compare with cancel light or medium attack to fadc UC1. The timing that allow 236hk(cancel from different normal attacks) to FADC seems varied .

Please help and give me some (actually I hope many and detail from everyone of you) suggestions on how to hold the stick lever and the input timing , if possible please record a video , very appreciate for all hints and suggestion.

thanks a lot.

I find the FADC U1 from Cody is more difficult than Ryu’s because sometimes the timing needs to be different while Ryu’s always stays the same. The further you are the later you have to fadc because the hk ruffian will also hit later.

I have alot of problems dashing to the left when i need to do fast motions as i not always pull my thumb back far enough to get a dash cleanly. Instead i’ve changed to “pulling” the stick to the left, i only do this in an FADC combo. I rotate my wrist slightly to the left and pull my hand also to the left ever so slightly, the sthumb pushes the stick to the left but The qcf part doesn’t need an explanation really, just do it.

To the right side i’m actually more consistent. Overall i exaggerate the movements, i cannot do subtle motions to the right, i hardly use my fingers and use my whole hand, even moving my arm, while to the left side i use just my wrist and fingers. When i FADC to the right i hold the stick between the botton portion of the proximal phalanx for the middle and index fingers. When i complete the hk ruffian i let go of the stick slightly and pull my hand back a little and “tap” it twice. Usually it is a bit slower than the left side but because of this i still hit the FADC even if i’m close or further for the hk ruffian. The 2xqcf is like holding a large spoon and i try to focus on the second qcf to cleanly hit the inputs, the first one can be a bit messy. Right side like i said is much more aggressive and exaggerated

Anyway i recorded 2 clips with my phone.

Hopefully it is of some use.

thanks LockM :slight_smile: