Phantom Breaker: Extra - Available in Arcade, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 (in Japan)

I’ve read the manga, seemed fine but really predictable and kind of quite when they added a loli to the cast. Is there a better anime or something because this was years ago?

any news about this one?

So, finally… the latest Famitsu has info.

Scan (Source)

WOAH, wait… those are high-res sprites?

Phantom Breaker is now oficially an “exclusive” Xbox 360 2D Fighting game, by the way, no Arcade release.

Cant deny… im pretty hyped!

aNY gamepaly vid of the game?
Here’s hoping for a psn release ^_^;

/profound sadness :sad:

Dang, it’s an XBox 360 exclusive? o_O

Looks quite interesting as well. Hi-res all-female fighter. Here’s hopin’ some gameplay footage comes out ASAP…

Hmm, wonder how much them JP 360s cost… T.T

O-O~

Why make certain games 360 exclusive? I’m not crying really, just really curious since if it was on PS3 as well, wouldn’t they get more money? Because the action of making certain games 360 exclusive is like telling me “We won’t put in on the PS3 because we HATE money.”

Anybody care to shed light on this?

I don’t know for certain, but it looks like they’re a pretty small developer, so it probably means they don’t have the PS3 devkit.

While Microsoft’s platform is the cheapest out of the three current-gen consoles to develop for (let’s face it, you could develop for free with just XNA if you wanted to, and their premium SDKs aren’t too expensive either), Sony’s console is the most expensive methinks and the most difficult to program for (Nintendo’s one isn’t too bad, somewhere near the middle, but they have the strictest requirements for being accepted as an official developer known to man). It’s why we see many of Japanese shmups on the 360 as well - usually, it’s the smaller developers who do those games. The developer probably didn’t have much choice but to do it as a 360 game.

Who knows, maybe some time down the line if it gets popular enough and they make enough dosh they can port it, but that’s an unlikely scenario at this point in time for a small developer making an already niche-genre game with even more niche appeal.

This is the most likely reason, though don’t quote me on that just yet… XD

O-O~

My mouth is frothing already

@ Tu101uk

That makes a lot of sense actually, thank you.

I’m still salty about Senko no Ronde and Castlevania: Harmony of Despair not making it to the PS3 though. :x

Yeah, I know a few people who are pretty sad that many shmups don’t make it out of Japan for Western 360s.

Actually, I think the Castlevania one is more “let’s make this version of Castlevania only for 360 and the other one only for PS3” rather than “we can’t program for it because it’s too expensive” - I believe there’s a Castlevania for the PS3, after all…

O-O~

Is a release date mentioned anywhere?

I’m looking forward to it. It’s a pretty sure buy for me.

The release date is listed as 2011.

I figured as much, but thanks. I thought maybe at least the projected release quarter would be listed :sad:.

xbox exclusive makes me a sad panda

This

And your Gamertag makes me lol. xD

is there a girl with gunz??

The scan is so blurry that i cant read anything… except the first table of second page that says that the game will have a “simple game system”…

not going to get hype for this until we
you know

have gameplay details

wtf @ people saying stuff like “pretty sure buy” when they fucking know nothing about it

Sometimes pretty designs and bright colors can prompt one to buy and try it out? I got hooked onto Guilty Gear since I thought Ky, Sol, Dizzy, Millia and Jam looked sick. xD