PC fighting games?

Its not exactly a fighter, its closer to a mecha battle game with multiple mechas on arena at same time. Well, imagine Quake 3 with melee techniques added to the mix.
It also has only 8 mecha models…

The original One Must Fall was a demo for a Street Fighter clone, complete with Ryu and Ken lookalikes (except with different coloured gi’s) for the PC. That one was enver released as a stand alone product. The second game, One Must Fall: 2097 replaced the combatants with robots but is still a traditional fighting game, except for the fact that each stage had different hazards that would damage the player. Here, similar to Cyberbots, you chose a pilot then assigned him or her a robot. It’s only the most recent OMF game (Battlegrounds) that fits Black Shroud’s descriptions.

Don’t forget emulators. With MAME you can enjoy most King of Fighters, Street Fighters and many other. But talking about native PC games, you also have The King of Fighters '99 Evolution, with low res characters and high res poligonal backgrounds. Apart from Guilty Gear XX Reload, I have GGXX Slash and GG Isuka. 3D games? Very few. I still enjoy Last Bronx every now and then (urban street fighting with weapons, and motion capture!). There are several doujin games although their quality is usually not very good. However, the fighting game I play the most is a PC game: mugen. I have my own mugen (low res) with lots of chars and lots of stages. I usually use Ryu or Terry, from Capcom vs SNK, which have perfect playability in my opinion.

[media=youtube]nzzORgviGxo"[/media]

Emulation was already mentioned.

vp = vanguard princess
mbac = melty blood
mkv = million knights vermilion
bbb = big bang beat
#r = guilty gear? unsure about this one.
sf4 = …sf4

aside from those, i have no idea what any of the other abbreviations mean, and chances are the guy who is asking about what other fighters there are for the PC doesn’t know either.
could someone please give the full titles for these games?

iamp = immaterial and missing power (something like that)
blitz = akatsuki blitzkampf
efz = eternal fighter zero
mkv = million knights vermillion
swr = scarlet weather rapsody

Both Akatsuki Blitzkampf and Melty Blood are worth checking out. Both are fun games, Akatsuki is particularly easy to get in to. Can be tough to find games online with these games tho, if you have friends online or off that want to play, you’ll get a lot of enjoyment from either game.

No. Just no. Alpha 2 Gold is horrible and there’s a reason why people don’t play it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FX_Fighter - one of the first 3D fighting games (PC exclusive, well… with a crappy SNES port that doesn’t count)
also some very good ports: War Gods, VF/VF2, MK Trilogy & MK4, GGXX #R + a zillion emulated games & doujin fighters

if you ask me, PC is the best platform for fighting games… i only wish someone would create a unified ONLINE framework for these games (like GGPO/2DF with support for as many fighting games as possible), so that we could fuse a big & accessible community.

fps are pretty much 3d fighting games but you use guns.

F.E.A.R
unarmed only
final destination
:rofl:

the problem with pc fighting games is that they are fucking horrible at tournies because you have to deal with shitty laptops, usb port lag, graphics card lag, cpu lag, usb drivers for various controllers, small screens, external setups for sound, and an inherently small library of games

people would rather just bring a stick, a tv, a console, and a game. most people don’t even bring those and they can still play. fighting game scene is poverty and hasn’t really caught up to the standards set by pc gaming meetups

Now that you mention it, I recall having played that game back in the 90’s somewhere.

EDIT: Found some videos of FX Fighter online.
[media=youtube]mQFgjILp9cY[/media]

Also found some One Must Fall.
[media=youtube]15bvpznQP5M[/media]

One Must Fall combo shenanigans.
[media=youtube]nxC_qCFCVEo[/media]

Even with the Super FX 2, there’s no way the SNES could have done FX Fighter any justice. That’s early PS1 level 3D.

There’s also Rise of the Robots and Rise 2: Resurrectionhides

lol

you make it sound like competitive gaming is impossible on the PC… and we know how ridiculous that is

Oh my god, I’d forgotten about OMF, that game was the shit back in the day.