Paul general overview/potential, options and more!

Hello guys, I’m going to start a little project of mine, the name/purpose of course It’ll remain a secret, for now. However I’d like the help of the community on this. I’ll need some information about the character, I’m do this for every character in the game except Toro/Kuro/Cole/Megaman, so I’ll ask a few questions to gather what I need. I’m doing this but I won’t be a slacker, as in, I’ll be searching every thread to look for what I need, but since some threads aren’t updated in a while, this would be helpful to me and for the community, 'cause the information would be updated.

When giving the information asked try to be specific and clear, regarding inputs and etc, and if you want I’ll gather the values, so you guys won’t need to worry about that. The ideia is to get a general overview of the characters options and potential, I’m talking about hitconfirms, setups and etc.

Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

.What are the characters strong and weak points?

• From zUkUu
Spoiler

.Suitable Partners(no need to be exhaustive here, because I’ll play around with this):

• From zUkUu
Spoiler

.Meterless/Ex(Super/Cross Art) Combos:

.Char specific Setups(on knockdown for example):

• From zUkUu
Spoiler

What are the characters strong and weak points?
+Very good damage output off every hit.
+Incredible rewarding counter hit game.
+One of the best switch cancel retag options.
+Decent high / low mix up.
+1050 health.
+cl.MP, c.MK, nj.HP are noteworthy
+Good anti air (LK Shredder)
+Doesn’t need meter to do damage.

-Slow
-subpar neutral game
-Unsafe or slow pressure
-Useless backdash
-One of the worst a2a games
-Needs meter to have a reliable reversal

Suitable Partners(no need to be exhaustive here, because I’ll play around with this):
Anyone that is a good point character and can cover his weak match ups. Paul is an anchor only really.
Characters that build meter and use launcher combos, so Paul can use his retag switch cancel to bring them back in again. This greatly ups the damage of otherwise low solo damaging characters like Dhalsim or Guile. A zoner is pretty suitable for him.

Meterless/Ex(Super/Cross Art) Combos:
I have updated the combos for v2013 in the combo thread. You should look there. Most practical are the HK Shredder combos. Most practical start is cl.mp, c.hp.

Char specific Setups(on knockdown for example):
Phoenix Smasher, HK Raze will bring you close safley
Back Throw, forward dash, j.mk. Meaty cross up that avoids reversals
Opponent on ground and you close to them, LP Sway, EX Sway. Avoids and punishes reversals. If spaced, it’s a free mixup against rolls.

Thanks for the info man! Gonna look for the combos part.