Paradise Arcade Shop Credit Card Fraud?

On August 21st of this year, I ordered some arcade parts from Paradise Arcade Shop. The next day, a charge for ovpn.com, a service I’ve never used, showed up on my billing statements online. My credit card company blocked another charge from a different source, on that same day, and I received a fraud alert. I disputed the charge from ovpn.com, and requested a new credit card. I was promptly issued a new credit card.

On September 5th, I placed another order at Paradise Arcade Shop, using the new credit card. Two days later, I received another fraud alert from my credit card company, telling me that they blocked a suspicious charge on September 7th. I logged into the credit card billing app, and I saw another unrecognized charge.

I’m starting to notice a pattern with regard to Paradise Arcade Shop. Both times I bought from there, the next day I had suspicious charges. I’m wondering if my purchases from Paradise Arcade Shop led to the fraud, although it might just be a coincidence. Has anyone else become a victim of credit card fraud right after buying things from Paradise Arcade Shop?

A) this isn’t the right place for this kind of thread

and B ) I think there’s something else going on. I’m 100% positive Paradise isn’t ripping people off. I’ve bought many things from them, including several purchases this year with no problem. Might want to check your network for possible keyloggers and other local issues.

2 Likes

A) Oh! Is there any other subforum at this site that would be better suited for this topic, or should I go to a completely different website?

B) I will confess that my PC currently doesn’t have any antivirus software on it, so I can’t rule out the possibility that there’s a keylogger on my device. I plan to download AV software, soon. Thanks for the advice!

Assuming you are on windows, install malwarebytes see if your machine has anything. I don’t trust Windows Defender I always double up

3 Likes

I have done close to 10 transactions with Paradise Arcade shop and have had zero issues. I think the issue is on your end, not theirs.

1 Like

OK, thanks for the advice, everyone!

I got dozens of transactions with Paradises, its not them.

Credit cards are not even processed through the store, they are processed through PayPal, we never have or can see the number. I apologize you had a bad experience. We will look into this.

4 Likes

Anyone remember Lizard Lick amusements? That place was Legit for a while. Back in the day when i still bothered with Happ parts and was modding sticks for the first time, i ordered quite a few, Full sets of Happ parts from them. Always Great. Then one day…“poof!”, they started ripping people off and their reputation went in the trash.

Not related. This thread just reminded me of Lizardlick.

Unrelated.