Pad vs Stick

Am I complete suck that I rape so much on the pad, I haven’t gotten used to the stick as much as the pad?

Put it this way, If i tore it up at Evo with some 3s on a pad, would I still get called a fucking pad noob?

Probably.

Only acceptable pad is the Jap saturn pad.

Remakes and fight pads are not the same.

Losers can’t say shit.

Well I’ve actually become quite good at using the default DC controller.

Especially for games like MvC2, Rival Schools 2, etc. And when I play CvS2 or another six button game I switch to the mad catz party controller.

Then again, I must admit the only reason I haven’t used my stick is because its for Saturn and I don’t have a adapter for anything else. Still, pad warriors should not be slept on. We beast just like anyone else. :rock:

Using a pad doesn’t make you a pad noob, mapping multiple inputs to a single input makes you a pad noob. If you don’t use any macros and beast on pad then you’re just a beast.

Use whatever you like. I love playing fighting games on stick because it makes whatever I’m playing that much more fun.

using pad can be good\bad depending on the game. I find it much easier to play tekken on a pad but a game like ST isn’t exactly a pad friendly game. In ST, its pretty hard to piano a single button on a pad, retarded difficult to mash out of multiple hit throws like kens knee bash, and some inputs are harder than they are on a stick like 360’s. If you can 360 on a pad both directions, thats pretty good.

The one advantage a pad has over a stick is the throw between inputs. I think on a pad, you can probably srk a little bit faster since the distance between the inputs are much smaller.

Saturn fight pad = :lovin: I had a chance to try that thing for like 3 months, you can even piano pretty well on those things with a quick thumb swipe.

I think the site should automatically ban you if you include the words “Pad” or “Stick” in the thread title.

who cares, i play on a pad too. im sure i could molest a few people in sf who use a joystick

Why is that chaunce?

Only one I ever have is the universal overhead. Not that it’s hard, just got used to doin that. I tried givin the stick a go, but I’ve just played pad for years. The arcade generation wasn’t my thing unfortunately…

Because every two weeks someone starts a thread about “Pad vs Sticks” or “Should I get a Stick” or “I’ve been playing pad, should I get a stick”, or “Need help on playing stick”, and the ever popular “Pad vs Stick: advantages/disadvantages.”

You know i ran a search before posting this, and what i found wasn’t what I was asking. I wasn’t asking which was better. If changing the title of the topic will prevent people from roping themselves, let me know and I’ll be happy to change it.

some people got nothing else better to do than get butt hurt about the amount of threads being made

Isn’t there a rule against VS topics?

As for the Pad VS Stick thing, personally I say, use whatever the hell you like.

If you’ve been using a pad all your life and suddenly pick up a stick, it’s not like you are going to become a better player immediately. You still have all of those years of muscle memory built up using a pad. To suddenly switch to stick it takes a considerable amount of time to adjust. Sure you may have the knowledge of the moves and know how to execute them, but there comes the factor of needing to relearn using an entirely different method of playing the game.

I personally think both Pads and Sticks have their uses, but for game genres that originated out of Arcades such as Fighters, Schmups, Beat’ Em Ups, etc, I feel that a stick is more suited for these games because they were originally designed with this control layout in mind and thus control better instead of using a pad.

So you wanted to know if you would still be called a pad noob?

Ok. Yes and No. Some people won’t give a damn if you play pad. A few people will give you lip if you play pad. If you’re not good on pad, you simply aren’t.

It would appear so. Note to self, don’t fuckin post vs in the title.

Agreed. If you get hated on then you just get hated on, it’s a preference on your part. You wanna play pad, continue to play pad.

I would tell you the reason but someone already did. And if you ran a search and found all those topics, then I guess you should have been more specific in your thread title, scrub.

I think you need to calm the hell down, chief.