Pad vs. Stick and everything inbetween

Sup y’all has anyone tried the stick option yet? I tried it and using all 8 buttons can be cumbersome.
Has anyone tried any alternative other than original pad? I also tried the Madcatz fight pad and found the R2 button doesn’t respond.

I have to say Hit Box works pretty sweet for this game. Hardest part is getting used to X jump instead of up jump, but most things come out pretty easily. If I stick to ground stuff it’s like playing piano chords to do combos.

I personally like using pad. I tried using stick but I didn’t enjoy using it in this type of game

I usually use a stick but for this game I prefer pad. Having an 8-button game on stick feels really weird since you need buttons for blocking and picking up items. Pad is more intuitive for this game IMO, but it all comes down to player preference.

I definitely agree with you on this one

This game was so clearly built for the standard PS3 controller. It actually kinda feels like a 2-D Sly/Ratchet game with some different buttons.

I play with the stick and am used to 8 buttons. My hand basically hovers over the buttons instead of staying over the left set of 6. This is probably because I double tap every chance I get.

The main difference between the two is that pad (analog stick) allows a person to walk and/or jog as opposed to the default run speed. I haven’t really found a use for this, so I stuck with stick. There are no tilt moves like in smash. Also, for some supers it may be preferrable for pad. For example Radec’s level three is a cursor basically. With stick you only have 8 cardinal directions. I assume (haven’t tested) that you have however many points of direction the analog stick has on the PS3 pad, thus more precise aiming.

I use stick just because it’s easier to play Heihachi with it.

You guys are lucky. I want to play this on a stick but it seems the game doesn’t support the Hori V3 SA or the MadCatz Tournament Pro sticks. The L2 and R2 buttons don’t work.

I can confirm this. I can only use my Madcatz Round 2 stick.

I have a round 1 madcatz te stick you can play the game except you wont be able to throw -___- which is kind of a big deal. I play with a stick a cross my fingers hoping they fix it.