Ottawa Thread 2016

Thanks RickyTse. Do you know if you have to bring your own setups for the Blurry Pixel?

Anyone actually play 5 at blurry pixel on weds?

?

a few do

SRK revival when?

Anyone for KOF XIV at Blurry Pixel or Algonquin this Wednesday/Thursday, respectively?

We’ll have at least two KOF setups at Gonq this week, and I can think of about a dozen people interested in playing.

It looks like we’ll have at least 3 kofxiv setups. There is enough interest in a bracket too, anyone interested should come hop on over.

Why is there such a lack of fighting game tournaments in Ottawa? There are so many locals in Montreal and Toronto, but I don’t want to have to travel all the way there just to play.

Does Algonquin still host tourneys? And does it include MKXL/KOFXIV? They haven’t replied to my tweet and the last related post is older than 1 month.

We had a Guilty Gear and SFV tournament at Algonquin College in August, and Montreal+Southern Ontario came out for Gear. (Their anime players who don’t even play SFV also bodied our SFV players that came out. Yep.)

According to Facebook today, we just reserved the space for another similar tournament on November 19th. Based on attendance, there’s probably enough demand to add KOFXIV too, as we’ve had about 20 people getting into it in the last few weeks, and I’d expect at least a few more if people come from out of town again.

Judging by our old Ottawa thread at TestYourMight, MKX is completely dead here though. Haven’t seen that game in-person since its first month of release.

I would love to come for a tourney in November! I hope that happens. It’s such a shame that MKX is dead in Ottawa when it’s so huge in MTL and Toronto with large prizes. Canada Cup is happening in Toronto at the end of this month and I’m dreading making the trip, even though I attended last year. I’ll still go though since I don’t have a choice :frowning: I really hope more people will take interest in MKX. Especially with their updated patch.

If only there was more mahvel