Oregon Roster & Discussion (info on the 1st page)

Some people need to be designated as ranbat runners, so we can have consistent ranbats for Portland/Oregon, wherever they might be held, and maybe some discussion at Versis about exactly how people want them to go down? We’re pretty close to having everything set up, just need that last push now.

LETS DO IT!!!

Maybe Chanchai would be cool if we did em at Versis.

Here’s my info. Been looking for some Portland players for a while now and thought the scene was completely dead.

Handle: holyrobot
Name: Dan
XBL info: Holy Robot, add me as a friend and message me that you’re from shoryuken.com and I’ll add you.
AIM: No AIM, but MSN Messenger. PM if you want to add me.
Other contact:
Competitive: HD Remix, SFIV
Casual: MvC2, pretty much any game, but I’m still waiting for parts to build my stick, so I’ll suck balls until then.

Can I Kick it? Depends. I’m married and busy with my wife’s cake business on top of working and such. Give me some dates in advance and I’ll try to make them work…

Got seriously into SF4 for a while but now I’m rocking HD remix and I absolutely love playing it.

There will be two tournaments coming up for at least SFIV (and possibly others).

Versis will have one, most likely early or mid-October.

There’s also going to be a pretty awesome tournament mid-November in Beaverton:
Survival Kombat

As far as the Ranbats go, I’ve always said I’m cool with having them at Versis.

I don’t want Fight Night to become JUST Ranbat Night. But I would love Ranbats to be an excellent feature and option at the Fight Nights :slight_smile:

It boils down to wanting you guys to go ahead with it, but you guys have to organize it, and also making sure that people don’t feel forced into Ranbats or feel like they paid $6 just to play in a Ranbat. But I think having Ranbat matches every Thursday night at Versis is cool.

-Chanchai

yeah thats why my first idea/suggestion was for it be once a month, that way it would be less likely to be able to say “i just go to versis for the ranbats” because youd be missing out on the other 3 thursdays in the month. but that was just my thought process behind it, i can see why people would want to have it biweekly and i like that idea too the more everyone plays each other they more they learn.

So, Oregon players at Kumoricon:

SF4 (about 40 entrants):
Pasqual took 2nd.
R_Panda took 3rd.
Slash5150 took 7th?

BlazBlue (about 40 entrants?):
R_Panda took 1st.
Slash took IDK?

Brawl (a little over 100 entrants, lol):
Pasqual took 2nd (what?).
R_Panda took 5th.

GGXXACP:
Can’t remember.

Marvel:
Didn’t go Monday.

Slash, do you have your placings or Hellsap’s? And were there any other PDX/OR heads in attendance? Total entrant numbers would be cool too :china:

Pasq…everyone there was pretty much from oregon haha.

But lemme see what I can remember, I took 7th in SF4. Pissed at myself that I still lost to a RYU with MK, MP, HK, HP, FA, Throw, 3K and 3P on buttons (im not shitting, thats real talk) but 10 frames of lag definitely fucks over links.

BB doesn’t need to be spoken about in terms of my placings haha.

And actually Pasqual did not take 2nd, it was someone named Rasqual (lulz)

Brawl I took like…108th lol (last :-p)

GGXXACP was Cademon Webb and I believe Panda took like 9th? Sap took I think 7th, I’ll get final confirms from TJ.

Marvel 1st was Sai-Kun with Sent, Blackheart and Commando

Kumoricon? damn i dident even hear about that tournament, when did it happen?
also if you can get some brackets or a thread that was made for the results you should link it in the 3rd post under NWM, etc. listing them like that was the only idea i could come up with lol… after awhile i was thinking i/we could make links for months/years instead of having a huge list that it will end up being before 09 is over.

Well, I mean real people. Y’know. FG people. Not randoms.

So Saikun is a known player and won SF4 and Marvel? I didn’t lose in WF and GF of SF4 to a random scrub? Sweet.

We need a full results page or whatever. It wasn’t the highest level of competition but it was still PDX/OR tournaments. If you get everything gathered you should start a Kcon Results/Shoutouts Thread.

Aha, ninja’d my thread idea. Kumoricon was the giant anime convention that invaded downtown this weekend and Monday. Free entry tourneys (although you had to pay to get in to the con) but hey, I got paid for top 2 twice, first time for me. Will definitely add to the listings if/when a thread gets up, if no thread in the next couple days I’ll make it myself or just link a post with info (mine or Slash’s, wherever the info ends up).

And Rasqual is my twin brother who plays Brawl. His Peach is a beast, real talk.

ah haha i see, yeah i saw some a bunch of people all dressed up yesterday figured it was some kind of anime convenition. didn’t know they were having tournaments there though, i had just gotten back from WI on sunday so i probably wouldn’t have been able to make it anyway. congrats on winning though musta been fun, i know i had a good time just seeing all those people walk around lol.

Actually I’m getting extremely curious on who Sai-Kun is. Because I haven’t seen him before K-con…

wooh wooh wooh, there was an anime convention that had a SF4 tournament and I didn’t know about it? Why didn’t anybody mention something?

The reason there wasn’t much talk was because PAX fell on the same weekend too, so it got overshadowed.

I think this is the first time this happened and it’ll be sorted out for next year.

Random then? FML.

How did people not know about Kumoricon? I’m scrub tier when it comes to Portland and I was on that ish.

WTB full results and vids from Slash, pst.

what character did the 1st place player use?

Dictator, and after the one match out of seven where I even beat him (when I was Dictator as well :confused:) he switched to Cammy.

I didn’t even use Rose in Grand Finals. He’d beaten my girl so soundly in Winner’s Finals I decided to throw other matchups at him to see if he could deal with it. First I went Seth and failed pretty miserably. Second was Fuerte who I could’ve beaten him with, I just was a little bit off with all his stuff (input lag ftl). Then for the third and fourth games I was Dictator.

Speaking of input lag: fuck input lag.

And Slash made me play against a guy in one round and his 4-year old son the next round. I felt so bad peacing out two generations of fighters.

rofl playing to win.
yeah bison is a beast… he always has his whole arsenal charged ready to combo you for pretty harsh damage, cant make many mistakes against him. sorry to hear rose didn’t lead you to victory, probably karma for using(or thinking about using) seth :nono:lol

v-13!

Lol.

Yeah, I got ninth in GGXXACP. I’ve never even played that game. :smiley:

Pasqual, heres something that should make you feel great

“I played against an awesome cammy player and just managed to eke out a victory in the deciding match when my bison’s ex head stomp traded hits with cammy’s cannon spike and i fortunately had a sliver of hp left. that match was so nerve-wracking and intense. It was my favorite match of the tournament. now if my cammy can play like his…”

And I’m pretty sure that would be you as I believe AuraZero was Peaced Out early

That was from Sai-Kun. I invited him to join up on SRK and post here, so if he does that’ll be great

I didn’t play Cammy :confused: Aura was the only one I saw playing the Bee so I assume that was for him. But we’ll know whenever the brackets get up I guess.

GGs to Tio for crashing during one of the tournies by the way :coffee: