Orchit throw can do whiff punishing?

weak and ex orchit throw

i have noticed that ex oicho throw is insanely good against abel and makoto. many times when we are both coming down from jumps i do not have time to charge my ex headbutt and by mistake i get ex oicho and i am always winning because these characters do not have fast reversals and will typically go for command throw

oicho is good whiff punish vs. t hawk and gief because buttons have long active frames. can work against blanka cr hp, fei long cr hp, cammy/capre st hk, abel st hk, guile st hp/hk

seems like it doesnt work on cr mk’s maybe i mis-timed it, same with honda st hk

Oicho is good against any one with a teleport to the otherside type crossup and a slow dp. Light jab and hold the button then release the button when they cross up, you automatically block to the opposite side and thus have automatically entered the Oicho once you release it grabs. Stuff like Blankas hop crossup; Ables roll; the twins teleport can be caught by this and because you don’t have to release the button if they do something else you can just neutral jump. Do it too many times in a set and they will start to DP if so just don’t let go and buffer another Oicho once the DP whiffs.

In some rare cases yes.
It all depends on how much their throwable hurtbox shifts forward when your opponent performs a normal. It’s **not **about the strike hurtbox they leave behind.

I actually don’t know of an example where a character’s throwable hurtbox shifts forward by a real high amount.