Option selects

What are the exact inputs on the cr.lp hands/headbutt OS? I’m doing this: hold down-back, while I do cr.lp xx hp hands in the “traditional” piano layout (cr.lp, hp, mp, lp, hp), and on the last hp I press forward. I don’t think that’s how it’s done. When the cr.lp connects continues with hands. If cr.lp whiffs, a late hp headbutt comes out.

I’m familiar with the OS concept, but I clearly suck at putting it to actual work.

Thanks in advance.

That input and result is actually correct.

Oh, I see then. I expected to nothing to come out if the cr.lp whiffed. Thanks.

So I may need to be careful using this OS in some MUs where characters can punish easily my headbutts

I hardly use jab xx hands (os hp/ex headbutt) in any matchup anymore tbh.
This is mainly because the characters you want to use this OS for, recover in time and are able to punish your headbutt extremely hard. Good examples are Balrog, Chun Li and Rose.

TLDR;

• characters that rely on backdash can usually block in time and punish the OS HP headbutt on block.
  • OS EX headbutt isn’t safe anymore but still viable on characters that can’t block after backdash

example where OS EX headbutt is still viable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=633fBI59plE

its good against dhalsim as well those are the 2 matchups i mostly use it

Yea, it works for sure on Dhalsim (if they don’t reverse teleport).
It’s a pain however to keep him grounded so u can set up your oicho and the OS. They’re either holding up, teleporting or backdashing once u get in with a trade or any other way.

i guess you could do it with EX Buttslam too to shut down his jumps