Oooooooohhhhhhh dem buffs

• Faster charging of his Turn Punch.

• Less Headbutt recovery.

• Farther range on his Ultra 2.

I’m actually extremely disappointed despite my title mainly because Ultra 2 is kinda still useless especially because we can probably go more ham with headbutts into ultra 1.
Improvements to TAP definitely appreciated but meh I expected some of the shit Combofiend and Keits recommended like -2 on block dash punch 0 frame ultra.

With the nerfs to Fei PR Balrog will be using Rog exclusively or maybe with some Yang.

Keep in mind that these aren’t all the changes they’ll be making. Safe light dash / EX dashes being -2 could still be a possibility(yes please).

I’m honestly not too keen on any of the changes currently posted. Faster headbutt recovery means it’s easier to headbutt through projectiles and not get punished, at least.

man i dont understand why capcom try to make ultra 2 usefull it is not possible. my biggest hope was that capcom changes boxers c.LK that he has a little bit more of high/low mixup like give c.lk 1-2f more hitstun.

Sorry how would cr.lk hitstun give him more or a mixup exactly? I’m missing something.

I think if they made U2 1+0 it would have been nice, and actually a drastic change to some matchups, but I’m not too disapointed. atleast with the extra range it could become very useful for punishes. (think more punishable rekkas)

Shortened headbutt recovery, it’s just nice, nothing major. will depend how much they shorten it though. I like that it’s very punishable right now though tbh cause people really think ‘nah no way he would risk it here’ , with a shortened headbutt recovery it increases the chance of me doing it, alters the mind games a little. still, I’m happy.

Faster charging of TAP i don’t really like, 2nd level is punishable, means I have to release the TAP quicker rather than being able to sit for a bit to get a good fireball timing. Without actually seeing the full change to the frames it kind of feels like capcom missed the point with that one.

Just my opinion

when boxer would have 1-2f more hitstun for his c.lk it opens so much more pressure u can start with c.lk and the hitconfirm in to c.lp become a 2f link i think this is cool change. the headbutt changes capcom changes only the 2nd recovery frames when the headbutt whiffs or gets on block like from 22f to 18f i think .

increased U2 range will be good especially with shimmy techniques, imagine hitting a combo threathen a throw and the wiff and you go ham ultra 2. STUN!! then “insert combo”

I still don’t really get it sorry. Can you put it in a couple of situations for me where it would work any different to it does now?
You can already link it to jab.

We don’t have the threat of a normal overhead with boxer anyway so there isn’t much of a high-low thing going on, not that extra hit stun would change anyway.

do u hit that link every time when u hit c.lk ? 1-2f more hitstun means more pressure options frame traps situations. u forgot that is a 1f link its not so easy to hit the c.lk, c.lp link

Sorry Bomb but I don’t get it either I agree with Polenykes.
Making the link easier wouldn’t do anything but make the link easier. I can already hit cr.lk cr.lp cr.mp dash punch 95% both sides

whatever bra… i hit this link also 95% blind. than change nothing on him every change is bad. i agree with your guys rly. it is never good to pressure your oponent with crouching shorts i think i play boxer the last years a little bit wrong.

My changes:

• close roundhouse fixed so it never whiffs and cr strong always combos after it
  • close strong never whiffs
  • close roundhouse 6 frame startup instead of 7
  • light dash punches and ex dash punches are all safe
  • crouch fierce adjusted so that it always beats jumpins like seth divekick and sakura jump fierce
  • faster and safer overhead
  • level 1 tap is +3 on hit without counterhit and 0 on block
  • last part of ultra never misses
  • whiffed dash upper recovers much faster
  • all other characters nerfed to be weaker then balrog
  • damage on normal throws increased
  • slightly more range on focus attack
  • headbutts fully invincible and dont whiff on low profile opponents

Honestly, I thought you were serious until you said all other characters nerfed to be weaker than balrog.

I was like this dumb motherfu…OHHHHHH. Ok haha he’s just kidding guys.

oO

no im serious

When I think about it I would like that too.

I Was kind of excited about the u2 range buff and I tried some setups in practice mode. Then I realized I can still jump out of everything. You really think it will just be for punishes?

I was really hoping they would make overhead more safe/less reward. Here’s to hoping there’s more…

Still no fireball :confused:

TBH I’d like overhead to be less safe same reward but way faster so there is some sort of mixup.
Also U2 range buff will just be for punishing.

Balrog should have a special move where he does the hadoken motions and shoots his gloves off at your opponent, after it causes a wall bounce balrog can ultra 1 into it. Then you have to pick up your gloves again.

lol. Just wait until the final change list is out. More range on U2 gives you a “few” more punishes, There are only a few moves with significant pushback which can’t be punished by U2 currently that can’t be punished with cr.lp or st.lp. Rekkas are a good example, another good example are overheads. CURRENTLY, Balrog can punish most overheads that are -1 (Fei Long, Sakura, etc) mid-screen if they’re not at max range. Fei Longs non-ex rekkas can be punished in the corner with U2 (2nd ex rekka). So more range will possibly make the first non ex.rekka punishable on block.

Balrog’s other tools will be more useful, like the safer dash punches giving us more frame trap diversity, being able to have an attack that’s -2, -1, even, -3 with varying ranges of pushback on block gives him better opportunities to force the opponent to press a button which makes U2 that much more useful.

Similar to what PR Balrog was doing with focus attack (whiff punishing) with more range U2 can do the same. Hitboxes and grab boxes get wider during recovery so whiff punishes are easier example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI9aBRqPPRQhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BOIAs7fZN5U#t=296s