Omega Yang

…looks completely uninteresting. Put up any info you find about him here.

after ex roll kick you can do lp palm as a juggle.

making st lp or cr lp ex roll kick lp pal a very big punish.

no idea about what to do during super.

rekka ex take 2 meter and deal a lot of damage.

but no really any use compare to ex rill kick I think.

Omega Yang is much like normal Yang on steroids. His playstyle hasn’t changed, but he has stronger combos.

Normals: I couldn’t see much different yet. However, you can now land LK>MK>HK into EX Roll. I’ll get to that move soon.

Divekicks: Are back to AE height restriction.

Specials:
Normal Slashes: didn’t really change
EX Slashes: Autocombo, 300 damage, 350 stun

Palms: Yang shimmies forward and is projectile invincible. Palms still eat fireballs. Overall startup feels same, but the actual palm itself comes out quick after the shimmy. LP shimmies least, EXT shimmies furthest. EX is FAAAAAST, and hits twice at close range. All versions knockdown. Not super-cancellable or FADC-able.

Rollkicks: Normal versions haven’t really changed from Ultra, unless I’m missing something. HK goes through fireballs, MK does not.
EX: The hit and juggle properties have been significantly buffed. Anywhere on screen, EX rollkicks has true juggle potential. As an example, raw EX rollkicks into Ultra 2, does 421 damage. Yeah.

Teleport: Same

Counter: RDP+P, meh.

LP parry does a teleport after absorbing the hit.
Barely fast enough to punish Ryu’s sweep, this one appears to be for special cancelled moves.
If you go through a Cr. MK xx Hadoken then you can combo from Cl. HP into some of his new high damaging meter combos.

MP parry looks like a St. HP, so it’s the go to for long range pokes I’d imagine.
Loses to normals cancelled into specials.
Damage is 80 on it’s own.
Super cancellable, can confirm into Ultra.

HP parry comes out with what looks to be Cl. HP, so it’s probably meant for up close.
Damage is 160 so that’s good.
Super cancellable during the first hit, but opponent is knocked airborne already.

EX looks like EX slashes, I think it’s deal was it was fast and did ok damage so it sort of covers most scenarios.

a small video of day 1 combo with yang

nothing really special

omega mode might be fun.

Not sure about the rest of the cast but now 300 Damage combo seems average with only 1 ex.

http://youtu.be/rjkfKF1i6GY

let me know what you think about it

Is anyone finind it harder to do c.lk X3 into rekkas when ever I try to do it it doesnt come out. Other things ive noticed is that cr.lk does 20 damage and yang feels slightly slower

Cr.hp pulls the opponent in and you can combo off it with c.lk and st.lk

They’ve probably used AE Yang as a base, which would make his walk speed slower than Ultra, yes. I’m fine with that as we now have the AE j.mk back.

U1 is changed. It is now spilt into animation and non animation

CrLk either chain or is really fast now. Like 2f. (they chain together)

Forward dash is much quicker

Both target combos cause juggle states at the end

C.lk always was a 2f link.

He’s saying it comes out in 2 frames

Cr. HP for optimized damage?

Cr. HP > Cr. LK xx HK Rollkick > EX Palm
347 damage, 550 stun

J. HP > Etc
413 damage, 700 stun

It seems any combo starting in Cr. HP should end up with higher damage than EX Slash.

Just noticed divekicks have the same old height restriction, but if you input it too early the game wont give you a J. HK, instead divekick will come out at the earliest possible point. Finally, braindead launcher > divekick > launcher combo!

Ultra 2 appears to be back to a 4 frame startup. I can punish Ultra Ryu’s DP FADC forward.

Why did they give him a non-animation U1? It does less damage than the regular, I thought the point of Omega was to give them fun new stuff not nerf them. Overall seems like a pretty weak effort compared to other characters.

It’s Yang. We will always go unnoticed. That is our struggle.

Is Seiei-Enbu different? how?

I’m surprised no one mentioned that his rekkas no longer launch the opponent to the far edge of the screen. They just do a short knock down. Was probably the first thing I noticed. Easier to keep the pressure on now.

Yes I want to know if it’s different also. I don’t own the game and dunno when I’ll mess with him again. If it had a duration increase or decreased knockback on hit/block that’d be encouraging.

Seiei Enbu combos are easier to do.