Omega Rufus

If you like finding stuff out for yourself by experimenting, don’t read this thread!

I kind of suspect this mode will die a pretty swift death, but since it’s out today and I struggled to find much information, I thought I’d start a thread and hopefully people can compile the stuff they’ve found. If I’ve missed a full movelist somewhere, let me know! This is all I can find on the internet from Capcom:

“Dynasty Dash: A special move performed with the punch buttons that moves Rufus forward, changing up his attack style. He slides forward—check out that low profile! The LP version ends with the Mach Back Knuckle. It’s fast, but it doesn’t hit crouchers. The MP version ends with the Peerless Palm. And the FP version ends with the Premium Tackle. It starts up slow but has armor break properties. Rufus has some pretty funky moves names and these three are no exception, don’t you think? Heh heh. We’ve also changed up his existing special moves, taking into account how Dynasty Dash changes his game. Together with his new target combos he’s changed quite a bit—it wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say he’s a completely new character (a new, new character?!). My inspiration: The portly speed bug, reborn!”

And here’s the interesting stuff I found today:

• Not sure what that new target combo is? (EDIT: f+HP, b, f+HP, d, f+HP). Can cancel to super but nothing else. Can FADC but can’t follow up.
  • He has a new easy link from st.lp to st.hp. I think this is because st.hp is faster. Can also link from cr.mp to st.hp.
  • Snake strike now leaves you grounded, and you can combo into it from close st.hp. You can also link a cr.lp after the MP and LP versions allowing further extensions (e.g. this seems to work anywhere on the screen: divekick, st.hp xx MP snake strike, cr.lp xx EX GT FADC st.lk, st.hp xx lk dynasty dash, mp ender = 396 damage). EX version give a soft knockdown.
  • If you land a really close lp snake strike, you can link st.hp after it and continue the combo (e.g. on Abel I can do very close lp snake strike, st.hp xx lk dynasty dash lp ender xx super = 602 damage).
  • LP and EX snake strike are pretty safe on block (reversal DP doesn’t work, gief SPD doesn’t work, but gief ultra 1 does work).
  • You can also input a snake strike while airborne for something similar to his original snake strike. So if you land air-to-air j.hk you can juggle the ground snake strike or you can tiger knee the input and get the original snake strike as well.
  • EX dynasty dash goes through fireballs but the timing isn’t particularly lenient. normal dynasty dash has physical invincibility but not fireball invincibility.
  • lk or mk dynasty dash into lp ender combos from cr.MK, etc. Far st.mp xx lk dynasty dash into lp ender is 160 damage for no meter. Seems to be totally safe on block, too (whiffs on crouchers, though).
  • throw does 180 damage. Haven’t tried against a person yet but I imagine you can do the dudley ting and do empty dynasty dash into throw.
  • Unless they block it, any level of focus attack knocks down. Not sure if this is universal? Some other characters have it, anyway.
  • Dynasty dash and snake strike can both be cancelled into super.

Lots of stuff to play with, anyway. Post up what you find works and I’ll either make a proper list at some point or just leave it all here for people to comb through at their leisure :slight_smile:

He gets stuck in the air if he uses AA Snake Strike.

u can land this everywhere on the screen with every char (i tried 4-5 with diferent hitboxes)

u need to do now st.mk into snake ground, then u can follow always with hp +combo.
u can even dive into stmk and u still get the close version of snake.

so the new bnb i guess will be dive+stmk+snake+ hp + tornado?

didnt try dynasty dash at all, seems like he have a huge disventage if u stop it for resets… i dunno, anway this version of rufus is really cool lol

That BnB you suggested does 315, or you can get 321 if you swap the tornado for a dynasty dash with MP ender. It’s too fiddly for me, though - as a punish it works but if you don’t know it’s going to hit then the timing on divekick to st.mk is too tight for me to get it consistently as a blockstring, keep getting thrown/DPed out of it.

Also it doesn’t work on standing Hakan so it’s not quite universal.

No idea why I am still thinking about this version, though. I tried to play a couple of nights ago and eight people in a row joined my lobby and picked USF4 Ryu. Ninth dude joined and picked SSF4 Ken :frowning: