Omega Rog!!!!

So what would u like to see Rog gain in this over the top version of SF? I’d like for him to be able to combo into U2. Then U2 will be useful lol

lol i’m not sure. I think a command normal overhead would be nice or a low like his current jab. Cross-up j.hk. Maybe TAP could be used to corpse hop. lol i’ve got no clue U2 that’s 1+0 i’m really closed minded on Rog but very interested in what they come up with.

Hmm didn’t think of a command overhead. … That would be nice

There was a really fun mechanic in one of the rainbow-like versions for SSFIV (I don’t remember who did it) where Balrog had a Charge dashpunch, then could QCF-rekka into different dash punches using K or P (x3 hits).
For example: (charge) Dash straight > (rekka) Dash Upper > (rekka) Dash Straight.

Omega Balrog seems kinda meh to me.

• EX dash straight gets a follow-up for 2 meters (by pressing PPP after the dash punch connects). Pretty good damage though.
  • All dash lows are ridiculously fast. I think Balrog can combo into EX dash low from any distance.
  • All overhead are comboable afterward again.
  • EX headbutt has a new funky animation. Can still combo into U1 afterwards
  • EX command grab goes really far. Almost looks like an EX dash punch until it actually lands.
  • TAP is executed by holding ONE hard punch or ONE hard kick button. Anytime you press HP or HK, it seems to active the TAP charging animation, which is kinda awkward when just want the actual normal.
  • EX dash upper no longer travels full screen. Can no longer do EX dash upper loop infinitely like before.
  • Regular dash uppers cause the opponent to become airborne. Doesn’t seem like you can follow it up or juggle with anything, even if you FADC.

Couldn’t find any new combos.

On the other hand Omega Bison, kinda received Balrog’s EX dash upper loop in the form of an EX scissor kick loop. Which is pretty sick and might have solved Bison’s damage problem, if it was in the actual normal version of USF4.

• S.HP is now different animation/timing. It’s somewhat delayed now.
  • Super can now FULL combo after Headbutt/AA (All P’s, all K’s, or ANY combination of the two! AWESOME!)
  • U1 now hits twice on each hit. Old PPKKK or KPKKK Still works after headbutt (corner and mid screen). Damage lowered (Not sure on exact numbers).
  • After Headbutt, EX Dash Straight/Dash Upper connect. Cannot combo afterwards (except for EX Dash Straight > PPP).
  • Releasing Focus Attack moves Rog FORWARD a substantial amount. Definitely enough to throw off your opponent.

I agree with you, delusional11, on the rest being pretty meh. I DO think his EX Command Grab would be a really good setup after doing Hard Knockdown > dash > cr.lp > jump forward > xxx. The other command grabs are pretty slow. I haven’t used them in a match yet, however.

I REALLY wish they made the Dash Upper more comboable.

I also found a very strange glitch where my lp wouldn’t come out due to my distance. It was training mode vs. Dudley. I was in-between cl and far. i could spam my lp, and NOTHING would happen. If I crouch lp or jump lp, it worked fine. I wonder if this happens to all characters, just Boxer, or even just Boxer vs. Dudley. It seems pretty hard to get into that EXACT spot, so I don’t see it being a huge issue.

Its interesting, @Redgouf‌ , i had a similar issue with st.lp, hard to recreate though.

Command grab is pretty sick, 300 stun (350 on ex), i’ll have some fun with it. Also Super hits HARD like 500+ no matter the combo. cl.hk, seems to have more range, i think they buffed the hitbox. It FEELS more positive, but it probably has more recovery.

lvl 1 FA will knockdown on hit

anyone know the input for feinting the TAP?

U2, command grab will stun everyone that has <=1000 stamina.

It’s just simply hitting HP or HK at a far distance. You still feint into holding it, but I like to do a move to cover up my HK hold (like cr.mp).

Some tasty NEW combos in Desk’s new Omega vid.