Omega Mode Impression Thread

with the new game mode i thought why not create a impression thread in which people can talk about
the new omega mode.

i have just tested it right now a few minutes and one of the for me interesting changes is the
change of the jaguar kick input. you now actually pull it of with a down forward motion, kind of as when you
do a hadouken.
with that change instant air jaguar kicks are very easy to pull off with down, forward, forward/up kick.
i really like this change even when i would prefer a backward motion instead of the forward motion.

what do you guys think about this change and other things you encoutered in omega?

eeeeeeeeeek… really??? :o

I foresee myself missing getting alot of jk when I want rj and vice versa with this… hopefully not though

The input changes are simply idiotic, no other word for it. The IAJKs are easy cause there are no longer any hight restriction, and why would the change the bottoms that dictates the distance of the AJK. Stupid…

The only awesome thing that Adon got in Omega is down forward MK… oh and have fun trying to combo into RJ.

about the button change for the distance…it actually makes now more sense then before.
hard jaguar kick has the shortest range, hard air jaguar kick had the biggest range…in omega both have now the same short range.
i wouldnt call that stupid.

good find on that down forward mk.

is there a movelist out somewhere? they where so smart to not implement it into the trainingsroom movelist.

yeah its very uncommon and you need to get used to it.
when you had no problems with shoryuken/hadouken inputs you should not struggle here.

I agree that it makes sense. I just don’t see why it was needed.

I haven’t seen a movelist, but I also saw their “notes” that didn’t mention any of this smh:

"Adon

Close standing MK bug, where counter-hit damage was received after attack start-up ended, fixed.
Far standing HK can now only be used in air combos for the second hit only.
Jaguar Varied Assault bug, where on air-hit Delay Stand was not possible when the move did not connect fully, fixed."

its omega mode…no one really need it.
they use it to goof around and test other things out.
from my first impression this change makes it easyer to input the instant jaguar kick…so i assume that thats the reason for it.
i mean even gamerbee fucked it up in some matches and got punished hard for it. now i pull it of with my ss gamepad without any issues.

you mix there things up :slight_smile:
thats the changelist for the normal mode
omega mode is a special thing which you cant play in ranked, just in private/non ranked matches.

the things i mentioned didnt apply to the normal version so dont worry about that :slight_smile:

Gamerbee is testing out Omega Adon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcW_EvPWzEc#t=121

GB is so godlike

is it me or you can’t input the super variations anymore?

Yeah. Shortcuts are now impossible. Gamerbee didn’t find out that after qcf+p move you actually can combo after! And this is very funny. AJKs are op here. Also, his new normals has JP

nice first impression video, thx for sharing.

there is just one variation.
i think they did that because that “grab” has now a variation of the super +p

Only dumb thing is that the new regular JK is also qcf … which fucks with the RJ input … I understand the IAJK motion change … but why change regular JK …

Well … nevertheless OMEGA Adon is funny … what I wonder is that you can combo off form a IAJK … but what is the frame advantage when you hit a super late AJK … the frame advantage should be super high …

Don’t know what the new close HK adds to his game/combos … overall a lot of pokes seems to have different frame data … and fuzzy guard EX AJK seems to work on everybody now …

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but the new grab move (HCB+P) can connect with airborne opponents as they near the ground and can also connect after EX JT in the corner for more damage than RJ.

Edited to add: It can actually anti-air in some situations if you’re quick enough, but if it trades for some reason the opponent doesn’t take damage even though you knock them back. because of the first hit being the grab.

you can combo off from the iajk in the normal version too…thats actually one of its advantages since the damage is lower.

nice info…i doubt that i play much omega…beside of the first day i didnt touched it anymore but its good to know :stuck_out_tongue:

random adon derp combo. crouch Lp, Close Hk xx QCF+HP, dp+Lk FADC f+Hp. raw f+Hp does 250 stun which is a metric fuck ton.