Omega Gief Official awesomeness thread

Lol

Omega Gief got way more changes i expected :smiley:
Quick first impression, i start with the ones they said/show

f+HP Headbutt does 300 stun
f+Taunt does a parry
qcf+K does the new stomping special, the stomps can be Focus cancelled. Ex version end with a kick launcher (did’nt try it but maybe is possible exStomp-> FADC-> U2)

total new stuff

st.HP can be charged into a delayed 200 dmg 250 stun version, break both focus and parry armors, hit crouched opponents :smiley:
cl.HK is now a launcher, cl.HK -> exGH does 340 dmg lol
KKK quick lariat is single hit move, does only a 360°
GH cause now hard knockdown and the distance depend from the version used (ex launch most far)
EX SPD is crazy, now power bomb before SPD, 350 total dmg (0+100+250)

That’s what i’ve seen for now :smiley:

lol dayum

Regular Sweep has a completely new animation similar to SF2.
Damage buff on almost everything.
All grabs and knockdowns are now soft-knockdowns.
forward->FP is short hop headbutt. (not combo-able)
Recovery on both lariats reduced.
Recovery on st. MK drastically reduced. (almost looks like st MP now…)
RBG actually runs now.
EX SPD has crazy range. Probably 2.0 or even higher.

cl st MK comes out more often even if you are farther away.

There’s some cheap stuff with new lpGH pushback. Comboing into regular green hands doesn’t net a knockdown now, and so if you combo into lpGH, you’ll still have the opponent standing.

If you do cr.Lk right after lpGH from a combo and buffer into exSPD it’ll whiff unless the opponent presses a button, techs a throw does anyhting essentially. exSPD also combos from hits now, so if the cr.Lk hits it’ll net 390dmg for two meters along with corner positioning and other stuff.

tl;DR New pushback on lpGH combos. Follow up with a whiffed cr.LK buffered into exSPD and get 390 if they press. If they don’t, get spd/react to jump with lariat and other dumb stuff.

Omega Zangief is fucking dooooppppeeee

Edit: Other changes include massive pushback on almost all buttons, damage buffs to everything. Chained cr.Lk is special cancelable. Lariat recovery is really fast.

Also f.HP headbutt whiffs on crouching ryu, so it may not hit anyone, though might hit tall hitboxes.

non-ex GH is punishable on hit again. It appears to have more recovery.
All stomps are -3 or greater on block, but lk and mk are pretty safe at max distance.

You can combo into ex spd (from normals) or super (from normals, green hand, or stomp).

ex spd costs 2 meter now.

Some tips to the changes with Omega Gief:
-Heavy punch is chargeable for more RANGE , damage and stun. Fully charged pushes gief over a square.
-fHP Grounded Headbutt is beyond useful for both mixups and mobility. One block string I’ve been landing all morning: neutral jump headbutt, cr.lp, ground headbutt into a mixup of either spd or cr.LKxxGH . It’s really easy since your already holding forward from the headbutt.
-They gave him back a his SF2 cr.HK, looking identical to the cr.LK for mind games (I really appreciate this).
-Close HK can be juggled with hands.
-Both Lariat’s are way more controlled now and push back. Feel so safer and clean.
-f.Taunt as a parry is really cool and useful, but trickier to time than FADCing through keep away (I practiced against sim limbs).
-All of his throws got JUICED to the gills (except his upclose kick suplex).

Gief is a KOF grappler. Thread won.

They finally gave him the special cancellable cr.mp!!!

I’ve been asking for this since Super SF4. About Time. :expressionless:

Pushback on cr lk is greater
lk stomps is -4 (tested) on block and safe at max distance from almost anything. (even Ken’s HP DP)
Cl st MK -> st LP ~ Lk Stomp is safe on block against almost anything.
st. LP does 60 damage and no increased push back now so it is the normal of choice for combos.

Cl st MK -> Cl st MK -> st MK combos and with body splash jump in it does 385 damage no meter and all of the Cl st MKs are positive on block.

Start at 3:27 :smiley:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s7OFAkWzYU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbBUMXgjfw8

Did anybody catch how they trolled Omega Gief? st.LK and cr.LK have reversed hitstun, so st.LK links are more difficult but cr.LK links are easier.

I tried this for hours its not possible or at least thats what I think. I was able to juggle it with ex hands.