oki vs balrog

When I go for TT / FS then try to roll on boxers wake up it seams Like his character is pushed back farther, close Hp and hk are out of range and like my whole game gets thrown off. What do you guys do against balrog

Dash 2x right next to him and jump straight up. His headbutt will go under and behind you.

After TT you are in close range with mk roll, but after FS u are in far range, I normally go then for cr.mp, its slower, but it is special cancellable.

yes, I believe the character specific aspect of Abel’s oki game is listed in the Abel guide.
As far as balrog is concerned
Post Tornado throw or Falling sky- Abel only retains his combo options when he rolls in front.
Balrog’s hitbox is strange that it retracts away from Abel if Abel rolled behind him.

FYI
Low short into close Fierce works on balrog when he crouches
After TT or FS, doing a forward dash into light roll and then a meaty low short is very strong against rog. Not only is it difficult to block but it will go under his Ex dash Upper

Just dropping in to say that FS, Backdash, J mk will only work on mediocre Rogs they can auto correct and beat it if they time it right. Same with every other reversal in the game you use that setup on so be careful.

So what’s the best okizeme after a TT?

cross up roll into a meaty throw is pretty good.
It risks getting hit with an ex headbutt which balrog cannot follow up with ultra while beating out all reversal auto correct ex and normal dash punches…

I like to break Rog players down with all frontside roll safe pressure until they are conditioned not to backdash or headbutt on wakeup. To do this: post TT > fwd dash > lk roll cr.lp > cr.lp+hk post FS >backdash > lk roll > cr. lp+hk. If they headbutt you are safe (in most cases) and if they backdash the OS sweep catches.

i like to angle the monitor/tv so that the rog has a harder time spacing stuff…pupupupupupu

Unfortunately Rog is able to block the sweep in time and ex dash punch beats it as well.

sometimes the OS sweep catches, sometimes it doesn’t. Maybe depends on how fast the player backdashes or if they press a button instead of block after backdash? The pressure is more to catch headbutt attempts and punish them/condition them not to headbutt which open up more mixup options.

according to my frame data math an OS sweep would hit on frame ~21 assuming you attempted to hit with a meaty low short and balrogs backdash is 24 frames. thus if you were to do everything perfectly it IS possible but, it’s not gonna be easy.

#themoreyouknow

Frenchie oki against PR Balrog.