"Oh, This'll Be Good" - The Bryan Fury Synergy Thread

Greetings Fellow Brawlers,

I am creating this thread to discuss Bryan’s potential teammates and the pros & cons therein.

I combined Bryan and Nina in TTT and for fun, I would like to pair them in SFxT. Would you recommend her with Bryan?

I prefer to have Bryan second and use my first character to build as much meter as possible as Bryan is far better when he has meter.

I use King/Bryan with a meter build gem setup for King and a speed/meter/power enhancement setup when your partner uses a launcher for Bryan.

i think i’ll go with Bryan second as well… he’s a very good combo ender for Guy: basically any combo into MK/HK tatsu, tag cancel, j.HP, d.HP xx kick grab
here’s a punish combo starting with Bryan though:

[media=youtube]LAGnyCBzdII[/media]

I started using Rolento/Bryan, but I just couldn’t get the hang of Rolento, so I switched him with Kazuya, so much better. I’m still quite new at the game, but I’m certain that Kazuya’s moves work really well with Bryan.

I’m trying a Alisa/Byran team and having trouble finding good tag combos and such. Can anybody assist me?

I’m also running Alisa/Bryan. I don’t know much about Bryan honestly so I haven’t found much in the way of tag combos, but from what I’ve experimented with so far it doesn’t seem like the team does much damage on a whole. The tag combo I was working on earlier though involved a simple Alisa bnb into DES form, and from there tag cancelling Clock Setting and landing a j. hp with Bryan for the ground bounce. Not sure what would be optimized after the ground bounce there, but I’ve been doing st. mp, cr. hp xx Mach Breaker

Off the tag, I’m pretty certain Bryan can do his Mid Kick to Rush xx Mach Breaker combo, saw it used in a youtube vid once.

After Ground Bounce, Im not sure what does more, St.mp, cr.hp xx qcb+mk or f+mk(whiff), mp,lp,mp ~ mach breaker Most damaging is probably no ground bounce and then, st.mp, walk, st.mp, cr.hp xx qcb+mk

Here’s a tag combo for Alisa/Bryan I figured out: (Alisa) whatever>hk double cut>far hp>hp happy propeller (tag cancel into Bryan) fwrd j.hp>cr.hp>mk flying knee. Gets around 500 dmg max.

Nina adds a lot of damage potential for Bryan that many characters cant. Here’s why:<div><br></div><div>After Bryans gattling combination ending in the sweep, the enemy is still in a float state. You can switch cancel this and continue the combo with your other char if their attack is quick enough and has a low hitbox. Continuing with a normal will cause the enemy to air recover, but continuing with a command normal or special keeps them in a float state.</div><div><br></div><div>Nina’s light geyser works in this situation (timing strict from midscreen, nearly impossibly in corner). From there you can do one of Nina’s big juggle combos (skullsplitter, cr. hp, geyser kick, overhead). This will get you around 400dmg. A less timing strict option is to start with her flash kick string (df lk, lk, mk) instead of the light geyser. This works from anywhere. You can cancel this string into geyser kick then finish with her overhead. This gives around 370.</div><div><br></div><div>Bryan complements Nina because a lot of her damage comes from her overhead groundbouncing. This occurs a lot with Nina (either off couterhit or punishing an opponents backdash attempt). Bryan causes heavy dmg on a switch cancelled ground bounce because he can still combo his fishermans hook into atomic throw off a ground bounce. Here’s a 420 dmg combo with them: Nina: counterhit overhead, overhead switch cancel then Bryan: fisherman’s hook, atomic throw, cr. lp xx flying knee.</div><div><br></div><div>One other area that Nina adds dmg is that she allows Bryan to fully juggle with snake pit should the need arise, and continue a combo after the juggled snake pit. This could occur if your opponent might be in a juggle state after you connect with two hits of Bryan’s rekka or you connect in the air or land a counterhit with his jump hp. Normally, Bryan’s snake pit isn’t quick enough to juggle both hits in this situation. If you switch cancel in Nina, you can use her flash kick string again (this time use df. lk, mk due to juggle limitations). This string allows Bryan’s snake pit to fully juggle as well as stops the knock back from his second hit allowing her to continue her juggle. She can cancel this string into her geyser kick and finish with her overhead. </div><div>ex combo) If your jump hp causes a groundbounce, follow up with cr. hp xx snake pit switch in Nina. With Nina continue with flash kick string (df lk, mk) xx geyser kick (medium version since hard version often whiffs), overhead (ivory cutter). 475 dmg!!!</div>

Basically, any character that can allow Bryan to combo into Jump HP is going to net Bryan big damage. The ground bounce from HP allows you to connect a MP/HP Fisherman’s Slam.

Thus, I have been using Bryan X Dudley. I think putting Bryan on point makes sense since he builds meter and gets Dudley in pretty well, and Dudley can TC into Bryan for pretty nice damage.

I wanna do hwoarang and Bryan any tips?

I still kinda use that team I don’t think its that great but u can do a reset.After the f.mk string that ends with sweep tag hwo and do cr.mp cadc fwd and on most chars it will cross up

I haven’t noticed any characters that Bryan was “made” to pair up with. I would compare him to Dhalsim in the sense that Dhalsim operates generically as a partner: generic combo potential, generic safe tag setups.
I have tried Bryan and Nina, and if I was actually any good with Nina I think this team would be good for me.
This is probably obvious, but Bryan gets pretty abusive once you back your opponent into a corner, so characters who are good and forcing others into a corner are pretty good partners.

I’m trying to run Bryan/Steve, I saw a vid with a really good player who runs this team, anyone know him?

I’ve seen this player. IcyOnionKnight? Haven’t seen much of him lately though.

Been running Elena X Bryan. I like the team because any boost combo into Bryan leads into Mid Kick to Rush, Mach Breaker for amazing corner carry. Elena has a high enough launcher for this to connect, unlike some other characters. Also, they’re both “hybrid” characters, which gives me a bit of flexibility.

I got caught up in Injustice and it’s fun, but after seeing CEO 2013 I am stoked to get back into this game.
Definitely going to work with Nina/Bryan.
I LOVE Momochi’s Jin/Nina team! Severe damage…
Cody/Bryan would be interesting because they both love to fight.
Bryan/Yoshimitsu as Bryan killed Dr B.
Not sure how they’d work in terms of game mechanics but I’d like to have themes behind my teams, though this may be VERY impractical, lol…

There are two main teams I like to use with Bryan

Vega/Bryan - Vega’s reach and meter building combined with Bryan’s power makes for a very deadly combination. Also, double psychopath team. What’s not to love?

Lars/Bryan - I’ll admit, I like this team because I like Lars as a character and if you can combo into his lightning screw (DP+K), you can tc into Bryan for a good jump in combo continuation. Fun stuff.

Lars/Bryan is really starting to intrigue me, maybe even in the reverse order given my comfort level of the two characters. What is the most damage you are getting with Lars after a TC HP Snake Pit?

I admit it’s been quite the while so this probably isn’t the optimal tc combo for Lars…
HP Snake Pit, TC, j.HK, cr.MK xx silent entry > lightning thrust [372 damage] - I’ll update if I can find more damage somehow.

UPDATE: HP Snake Pit, TC, j.HK, st.MP, cr.MK xx silent entry > lightning thrust [402 damage]