Oh Say Can You See! Captain America video thread!

Here’s how I did at a recent tournam,ent. some games i used my modok team inthe 1st game so u might want to skip those 1st games if u dont want to see shit modok play

Winners Semis
[media=youtube]aKqhis_PE0c[/media]

Winners Finals
[media=youtube]7V-U5F1vzRk[/media]

Losers Finals
[media=youtube]OcgWwfQiWtk[/media]

Grand Finals I only played MODOK team and got rickrolled. I dropped a lot of hypers that would kill my opponents earlier. I’ll contribute that to nerves since I haven’t played this cap/spencer/doom team since vanilla.

i like how patient you are and you know your match-ups really well. like I still forget at times to not throw shield slashes at hulk, but you were patient.
also that reminded me to use that decent c.l frame trap.

New Cap player here. These are matches of me and a friend having a set last night (3 vids total, and in the last one, I switch to my Deadpool for the last 20 min or so).

[media=youtube]sgY0GRCb53o[/media]

[media=youtube]jXgLyaZ-kyQ[/media]

[media=youtube]oZTuDSXcCH4[/media]

Hello all I am relativity new to Cap as well. I have been running Cap-SS/Nova-overhead/Taskmaster-horizontal arrows. Here are a few matches of me playing against a friend from the spidey boards. My combos were a bit sloppy for sure. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong or right would be appreciated, I am really trying to level up this team. Thanks to all
[media=youtube]Y4eTUrkF2Lk[/media]

some sick CAP gameplay from Japan
[media=youtube]AcciqJPlGhc[/media]!

Those combos aren’t THAT crazy, but they are definitely pretty well optimized, and condor missile has had a crazy cap ever since vanilla. Its crazy how often he hits with random Charging stars backed with iron man beam. Maybe i’ll switch modok back to beam instead of barrier.

i

it’s not really about the combos tbh(i’ve seen better). it’s just the way he controlled CAP is so safe and he does the hit and run tactic with CAP so well.
-on the random charging star- he can just throw that out there because it is always protected by iron man, and when he throws it out, he is wave dashing backwards to bait a dash(or something) then he just does it.

yeah i know thats what i’m saying. i guess that is why he’s also the highest ranked player in japan for vanilla

Ya see, that video was great and everything but the person he was facing was not exactly top notch. Nevertheless he was still doing some really good and advanced stuff with cap in which i applaud him for. Although he is still not utilizing one of caps main buffs. Actually I haven’t seen anybody utilize this yet, and I am steadily trying hard to work this into my gameplan also, Caps Cartwheel.

Instead of just for mixups, his cartwheel should be used to avoid the opponents mixups and pressure, but no one does. I believe its because they are scared it won’t work or they will eat a hit, but in reality the opponent has no way to see the cartwheel coming and try to punish it. . . . . .but hey, its just a little something I have been thinking about. Don’t mind me. . . .I’m just a kid, what do I know? :blah:

He just played with really good fundamentals. Which is the type of play Captain America needs to excel in to win. Knowing how to block, knowing how to pressure safely, using safe pressure or using assists to keep his pressure safe (without putting his assists in danger), knowing how to hit confirm, and not dropping combos. Nothing amazing with regards to new Steve Rogers tech, but he shows how Cap should be played at any level of gaming.

Heyo ken,

While I agree on Cap’s Cartwheel being really useful, it’s really hard to remember that when playing. Sometimes you only got less than a split second to do it, and if you don’t plan ahead, it becomes near impossible to pull off.

Also, for use of avoiding mixups, unfortunately that only works about 50% of time. Cap can still get thrown out of his cartwheel, which limits it’s effectiveness somewhat. As throws are the fastest counter, and since throw punishes are useful again (due to the throw bug being fixed), you could end up hurt instead. Again, this is assuming you’re defending and don’t have time to call an assist. Sometimes, the cartwheel will flat out fail since some moves just longer than the Cartwheel’s invincibility (like Plasma Beam).

That goes to say though, since you can still Hyper Cancel to make it safer, but it still has it’s risks.

All in all though, to use Cartwheel defensively effectively is still quite difficult. it requires split-second decisions and correct judgement of the opponent’s moves/active frames. Granted, you can still dodge the big-hit moves like bionic arm and lvl3s, but for faster, condensed mix-ups it requires much more experience (and no fear, haha).

For how that Japanese player played, it’s really strong. How he moved and played Cap is one of the fundamentals to playing correctly (smart spacing, hit confirms, evading attacks, and baiting movements/whiffs). Since Cap is still quite basic compared to the flexibility/options other characters have, those core basics are critical to beating other characters.

This. lol I train everyday to achieve that goal of “fearlessness” and I also always try to remind myself that I have the Cartwheel and that it is indeed invincible lol. Idk half my mind still thinks the Cartwheel is instant death if perfomed anywhere when not covered by assist lol. And the type of mixup I was talking about is a lockdown mixup, like a taskmaster mighty swing + low assist unblockable, or an Ammy coldstar assist + anything mixup lol. These things can be seen coming from a mile away but you really just cant stop it, but now with his cartwheel its like a get out of free card. Also its a lot faster than most people think so they are caught off guard when you do it, allowing for even more time to get away and regroup.

I think Cap is like She-hulk of MvC3. . . . . In the beginning everybody knew she was good but no one really used her. All it took was one person to play her at high level during a tournament (Combofiend) for everyone to see how good she really was. This is going to happen to Cap lol and I am training my ass off to make sure when I go to my first major, I leave with everyone calling Cap cheap lol!

I was trying to tell people that the cartwheel invincibility buff wouldn’t be that big of a deal because Captain America already has a shit ton of tools that you can combine with assists to keep shit off you. Still has the same gdlk normals and projectile that leads to “you die” if you get hit.

[media=youtube]feZhu8XRmM0[/media]

[media=youtube]Xc4QwNHY6lE[/media]

[media=youtube]As3qhdQpCB4[/media]

Some casual matches my bro had with my friend’s SpiderMan team.

EDIT: New 22 match set with my just picked up Iron Man anchor. Lots of Cap as usual also.

[media=youtube]U6vrafyEl5w[/media]

A few casuals on MLK day
[media=youtube]Gv7ecXojVNI[/media]
[media=youtube]YBlktcoAJZo[/media]

Some more casuals from the week before
[media=youtube]3b2MO-Z2lJ0[/media]
[media=youtube]xbThcLLXj34[/media]

Main Cap/Skrull/Doom in casuals I use Nemisis and Frank west sometimes in skrulls spot

My Friends threw a tournament last saturday LHI Mega Super Set Sessions each tourny match was first to 5 more people was supposed to show but apparently the next time they do this the others and possibly more will show
Casuals before the tournament
[media=youtube]klmfpMU-vAc[/media]

Tourny Sets including winners and losers finals
[media=youtube]C9CZQ0GfEf0[/media]

Grand Finals Followed by Casuals
[media=youtube]cfVRYanKr0M[/media]

Some matches are missing when the come through I’ll edit this post and put them in

Cute little thing I saw on Eventhubs. . . .if you ever wanted to see what Cap’s hitboxes looked like, here ya go!
[media=youtube]EDREqTcDT00[/media]

LOL his hyper charging start hitbox is huge!

Won a UMvC3 tourney on Sat here in Ireland, prob the biggest one we’ve had for Ultimate. Used Random teams composed mainly of Cap + Avengers :smiley:

[media=youtube]RUXHrmiOhpk[/media]

[media=youtube]GdvlNGINgUg[/media]

[media=youtube]aahx8oJmkoU[/media]

I know I didn’t even play that well, tips are appreciated. I can’t settle on a team, love too many chars. Only character i’m dedicated to is the good Captain and i’m getting there with Stark but… my god Iron Man is bad.

*5 year old joined in on commentary…lol

Here’s the preview for my upcoming Combo video! Please Enjoy! and give me some feedback! [media=youtube]MMmZB5iQCSE[/media]

Sick. I can’t wait. I gotta play around with that air shield slash before I hit the floor. The one I do makes me land first, and is usually a combo ender.

i was bored so figured id make a quick video enjoy
[media=youtube]uE5ER8ToFr8[/media]