Ogre SF x T 2013 changes

Copied from front page

Ancient Ogre

[LIST]
[]Forward dash – Reduced frames by 2(Total 17 frames)
[
]close MP – Reduced push back on hit
[]Far HP – Reduced hit stun by 9F (On hit +6)
[
]Far HK – Push back on block when used in boost combo reduced
[]cr. MP – Can be canceled - Reduced hit stun by 6F (On hit +2)
[
]cr. HP – Damage 90->100
[]cr. HK – Damage 60+30(90)->60+50(110)
[
]Snake Blade – 3rd hit Damage 60->80 - Final hit attack properties changed from low to high
[]Owl’s Hunt (normal input ver) – Active attack frames changed from 2F->3F - Hit box enlarged - Reduced push back on block
[
]L. Indigo Punch – Damage 90->100
[]M. Indigo Punch – Damage 90->110 - Increased midair combo count
[
]H. Indigo Punch – Damage 90->130 - Increased midair combo count
[]H. Ancient Power – Reduced block stun by 10F
[
]Hell Inferno – Damage 300->340 - Active attack frames changed from 3F->7F
[]Deadly Spear – Damage 150->130
[/LIST]
Special move meter gain:
[LIST]
[
]Waning Moon: whiff 15->20/On hit 15+10×7(85)->5×7+40(75)
[]Ancient Power (L & M): On hit 40->70
[
]Ancient Power (H): whiff 15 / on block 20 / on hit 40
[*]Indigo Punch: whiff 15->0/On hit 40->60
[/LIST]
What are your thoughts? Personally think it’s a nerf overall even with the damage increases. The biggest changes for me are (as a noob):

• Snake Blade – 3rd hit Damage 60->80 - Final hit attack properties changed from low to high (this eliminates a bit of a mixup game, as the 3rd hit looked high so people blocked high allowing you to combo. Ogre is a rare character online and people are not used to this move either so they usually stopped blocking after the second hit. Now that it’s high it becomes relatively useless unless you know you’re going to hit it).

• H. Ancient Power – Reduced block stun by 10F (Basically means it’s no longer even kind of safe, and if used at the wrong time as a “get off me” move then you’re in for a full punish. I don’t see why this nerf was needed, it was relatively punishable anyway).

• Owl’s Hunt (normal input ver) – Active attack frames changed from 2F->3F - Hit box enlarged - Reduced push back on block (Now entirely punishable if the pushback is next to nothing).
    Anyway your thoughts?

I see this as an overall buff.

• Cr. MP as a cancelable move is huge. Combined with Ogre’s now crazy-fast dash, I see more potential for CADC pressure here.
  • The Far HP and Cr. MP hit stun changes seem to be typos or mistakes. I think it was not + on hit to begin with.
  • The Snake Blade change kinda sucks, except that combined with the now more-damaging LP Indigo Punch, we can now get more damage from Snake Blade combos.
  • Hell Inferno damage buff is nice. :slight_smile:

-agree the cr.mp and the dash buffs will open up some new shenanigans!
-Snakeblade shenanigans weren’t that effective anyhow, only scrubs fall for that mixup lol. And they didn’t say anything about changing the frames on it so its still safe on block. Its a fair trade for increased damage on that bnb!
-AP was already punishable so this is a non issue. Only scrubs were failing to punish this.
-OH again it was already punishable so this doesn’t change how you use it. The fact that the active frames are increased and hitbox is enlarged is pretty significant. I’m guessing if you hit with the tip of the buffed OH it would be unpunishable unless they decreased the pushback…