Off The Get Go

Im not a big poster here… just another lurker. Im super suprised I havent seen topics like this brought up times before but then again I could be lookin them over.

So when you play the mummy do you have anything that you do right off the start of the match that is rather successful? (assuming you play him as the lead)

I normally play a Mummy/Guile/Cyclops team and what I like to do is off the jump of the match:
jump straight up to heavy punch(i hold up when I do this to make sure he does the legs attack from the bottom move)-guile anti air assist/then heavy punch coffin drop. I get about 7 out of 10 people off this from the start. Deals I believe like 50-54 damage off the start.

Other anti airs work as well you just have to switch which button you use for the coffin drop.

thats my 2cents

myself and others have brought this up…but just within posts within threads

I use nj lp, mp, hp+sonson AAA, curse quite a bit. his fastest overhead…also pretty cheap because that can mean instant dead character by means of curse infinite.

other than that, I’ll do cr.lk or cr.lp, overhead pyramid, nj and block, block, and sometimes do launcher.

nice…im gonna try that first one out…i sent u a friend request on live…i’d like to play your mummy

ok cool. I see you use two very good (maybe the best) AAAs with mummy. hmm, very interesting and I’m sure very annoying for others to play against :slight_smile:

annoying? yes probably so haha but im new to marvel so still learnin

also…can u sonson assist straight into curse? i have trouble linking combos to assist

yes. a few ways. the way I mentioned in my post above.

also, you can with a launch. I forgot exactly how I used to do it, but iirc you launch + sonson, lk, mk sonson hits, curse

you want to position and time it so sonson hits them late/under her. this makes some delayed/longer/pushing hitstun that allows the curse to combo. weird to explain, but chea. there’s a few other ways I’ve done before, but much too impractical imo

The only time I can get Sonson aa assist to combo to curse is if I launch them in midair and not off the ground, and even then its wonky.

i had a high success % setup a couple weeks ago, but forgot it (I need to start writing all these setups down). I’ll see if I can do it this weekend. it was def. very wonky : /

yeah, my I remembered it in training mode. pretty much my earlier post

launch+sonson, sj, wait a sec, lk mk curse. you time it in such a way that the mk knocks 'em down into what seems to be the ending hits of sonson’s AAA and from an unusual part of the hitbox. it causes them to have enough hitstun where curse hits.

you might to need vary it. cr.lp before the launch might help especially on smalls.

calling sonson out after you launch but before you sj might make it easier on some chars

sometimes the mk won’t really hit before you curse but it will still hit sometimes for different reasons. another way to see this is to do launch, sonson assist, sj lk mp curse (the mp doesn’t hit but allows you to keep your upfwd momentum…so it will be lk, then sonson will combo, then curse will combo).

the above is a pretty high % setup too.

it’s still a bit wonky. I know I had more reps last time I figured it out. I can’t forget it now that I’ve written it out!

Beats, I just seen a video of you using mummy and thanos ha never seen you play them together before and thats who i’ve been workin on.

Got my BlueJacket Team(jokes) Cyclops blue uniform, mummy blue uniform and thanos blue uniform.

Thanos bubbles causes for some HURTING with the Mummy. I tried using your “off the get go” nj,lp,mp,hp and I didnt have very good success with it. Could be timing, Could be the other characters are doin something thats faster,but I can say my nj,hk off the start into cyclops anit-air. Hits about 85% of the time.

Anyways we should get some games in sometime! take it easy

probably timing. doesn’t mean it should best everything. but it’s probably his fastest overhead starters

yo whats beats this is mike mikeheart you played me at sb4 i think with flapp and the rest of the Mi crew right. umm quick question what is the best way or way period to get all the hits from the super cobra bite super from anarkasis. i’ve been trying different ways for the longest but i cant get … if you could help me in this it would be a big help alright man talk to you later bro peace.

Super Cobra Bite ?

yo whats beats this is mike mikeheart you played me at sb4 i think with flapp and the rest of the Mi crew right. umm quick question what is the best way or way period to get all the hits from the super cobra bite super from anarkasis. i’ve been trying different ways for the longest but i cant get … if you could help me in this it would be a big help alright man talk to you later bro peace.

try this. have anak with cyc assist. get close to opponent, call cyke, dash under the opponent while they are getting AAd. launch the opponent when he gets closer to the ground (you are on his opposite side). launch, sj lp, lk, super. then try timing (or you can mash) just lp or hp of hk or maybe lp+hp. once it hits, sorta roll your fingers across and “mash” all the buttons. though the “mashing” is really more of a rubbing. I’ve been able to get around 70+hits with massive damage this way of mashing (though different crossups)

Thank you sir your a big help bro … i’ll be working on it

Thank you sir your a big help bro … i’ll be working on it