River City Ranbats Season 1 FAQ
What: Ranbat = Ranking Battles, a semi-casual and fun way to level up your game!
**Where: Hammer Hall Gaming , **1271 King Street, Jacksonville Florida 32204
Why: To have fun, level up our game and win cash and prizes!
When: Each Sunday starting at 5:00 PM (schedule below)
Event Date Note
[S][S]Casuals @ Hammer Hall[/S] [S]September 4th, 2011[/S][/S]
[S][S]River City Ranbats 1.1[/S] [S]September 11th, 2011[/S][/S]
River City Ranbats 1.2 September 18th, 2011
River City Ranbats 1.3 September 25th, 2011
River City Ranbats 1.4 October 2nd, 2011
River City Ranbats 1.5 October 9th, 2011
River City Ranbats 1.6 Finals October 16th, 2011
ExpCon October 23rd, 2011
River City Rumble Tournament II October 30th 2011
Schedule*(tentative, times subject to number of participants for each games)*
5:00 PM Registration starts / Casuals start
6:00 PM Registration ends / SSFIV:AE starts
7:30 PM Street Fighter III : 3rd Strike Online starts
8:30 PM Marvel vs Capcom 3 starts
Games will be seeded with the top 3 ranbat totals starting week 2. Location seeding will be considered. See more rules below. All above games will be played on XBOX 360
1st - 9 points
2nd - 7 points
3rd - 5 Points
4th - 3 Points
5th - 1 points
6th and lower - 0.5 points
Points are accumulated weekly and will reported on the SRK forum and in a google doc.
Results can be found in the below link:
Fee’s / Registration
[FONT=Arial]Venue fee - Mandatory $5 upon entry, good for casuals all day as ranbat schedule allows. Venue fee to be paid at front desk to get your wristband.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Venue fee is waived if a setup used for the tournament/ranbat. Please get with birds! or sying![/FONT]
[*][FONT=Arial]Pot entry fee- $5 per game for entry into each ranbat week each game for SSFIV:AE ,MVC3 and for 3rd Strike. This fee is to be paid to birds! or sying.[/FONT]
For each week please register at the link below. This will help us determine the number of setups required, populate brackets and help us run the tournament more efficently.
[FONT=Arial]No drinking or drugs or fighting on premesis. We do not want to lose this venue. If you have or partake in drinking/drugs/Bionic Arming on premesis you forefit all fees paid that day and you will be removed from the premesis. NO EXCEPTIONS.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Standard EVO rules apply. Default settings for all games.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]The tournament is BYOC. Bring your own stick or controller.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]For all games there will be best of 3 in bracket play, best of 5 in losers finals, winners finals and grand finals.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Gill is banned in 3rd Strike[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Any game breaking glitches executed will result in automatic disqualification in a match. Don’t do it![/FONT]
[*][FONT=Arial]It is the winners responsibility to report to birds! or sying that he/she won. Don’t make us hunt you down![/FONT]
Payout / Prizes
Of the pot entry fee 75% of the total pot per game will be payed out that current week. The remaining 25% will be pooled and distributed to the top 3 points winners at the end of the ranbat season according to the point structure above.
Place Weekly Winners (75% of weekly pot of each game)
Ranbat Season Winners (accumulated pot of 25% of weekly pots / per game)
There will also be a raffle at the end of the ranbat for even more prizes. Each week’s entry in a game will earn you one ticket. Bringing a full setup (at least monitor/TV and system) will earn you an extra ticket. The drawing will take place on October 16th, 2011 during Ranbat Season 1 Finals.
Links to the prizes:
Custom balltops from Pilgrim Pud
Tek-innovations plexi and replacement artwork
More prizes to be added as the season progresses!
Weekly Additional Prizes
Top two winners in each game will receive raffle tickets from the owners in a seperate drawing. Prizes to be determined.
1-800-SOO-GDLK- Pot bonus of $43.55 will be given to the winner if he/she earns the max number of points for in the season (per game).
Please make it a point to attend as much as you can, the more you attend the more points you get. If you can’t attend this ranbat please attend tyger’s Orange Park ranbat at Underground Alley. **Support your local scene! Like the Facebook, follow the twitter, follow the SRK thread! **
Hopefully if this gets popular we will be able to move to a larger venue/better date and time and be able to record and stream these tournaments.