Nova/Spencer/Doom Hard Tag Help

Hey guys, this is a very team specific question so I decided to not stick it in the combo section and maybe you Doombots can help me out!

So Iv been really studying Coach Steve’s play, especially after watching him body Flux, and I had a few questions:

1. I can only get 1 air rep after crumple > hard tag Doom > s.S - I have tried EVERY variation I could think of to keep hit stun decay down, like doing shorter flight combos with nova before the crumple, starting with j.L > j.M (one hit) > Foot - Footdive instead of the full 4 hit (2x) j.M > foot - footdive after the hard tag. But every time they flip out trying to start the second rep. And even then Iv tried doing s.H > s.S to OTG or s.M > f.H > SJC, and even s.M > s.S but nothing seems to work, they always flip out. Im so confused because coach steve seems to do whatever the fuck he wants and always gets the second OTG and air combo, even if he uses Novas heavy flight loops into crumple, he still gets full 4 hit j. M air combo TWICE. I started trying to do the combo faster and faster until buttons werent even coming out because I was hitting buttons TOO fast.

2. The other question I had is, is there any way to get out of the spencer/plasma beam incoming? or is it just like a 50/50 every time like Zero’s lightning? Is Flux just not trying to block holding forward ever, or is the incoming just that cheap?

Thanks guys

1. if your having trouble recreating the scenario’s used by that team, watch a video/match where you see him do it, and recreate it to your best ability, that should help you gain a better understanding of the combo. also be sure your picking up with st.S not st.M.
  2. learn that incoming, set the dummy to player 2, then have someone try to block it on the other stick/controller, that’ll tell you what way to block or if there is a way out.

ggs xD

thanks man