Nova input bug?

I’m trying to do a fail air combo that’s marginally better than the regular MMHS in the air, when I get rocket punches instead of flight.

[media=youtube]WER-nn3Pc6g[/media]

Is it because I suck or is it a glitch?

your just doing the input too fast. i have the same problem too sometimes. because novas attacks are so slow your canceling the flight too quickly.

Practice, learn the jC loop. And when you do the jC loop, slow it down, it actually works better when slowed down. If you check my combo vid, I do the loop alot.

Yeah, I cancel to flight then push H, but end up getting heavy rocket punch. It’s definitely canceling to flight, but the qcb from flight turns my next input into rocket punch. Does that mean I’m inputting H too soon?

Do you hit the initial H in the air at any particular point? I’ve been able to do the loop a couple of times, but literally like a couple times out of a hundred tries. If I go too fast, I get the same problem this guy has, and it seems if I do it any slower, the second H just wiffs completely. Should I slow down the inputs after the initial H? Or do H fly really quickly and then take more time getting to the second H? Just seems like no matter what timing I try to use it just is not working for me. Any pointers on what the timing between buttons is, or when to hit the initial H on the way up in the air?

Do the first jC quick. The other ones are quick too, just not as fast as possible.

You should release a tutorial video for people who can’t do it effectively, so I can put it in the information thread as well!

Sure, I can do that. But it’s gonna be third on my list (the other two are Nova related too), so it might be jsut a bit.

Ah, I gotcha. As far as the rest of the combo, I might be guessing wrong here, but would the timing be launch, quickly do j. H, quickly do fly, slowly do H, quickly do unfly etc etc?

Sounds right… Just practice, it isn’t that bad.

Nova’s the first character that’s ever gotten me to try to do flight combos, it’s been incredibly frustrating, but I do want to get it. I get so flustered I wind up accidentally TACing instead of fly/unflying a lot, which just makes the process even worse.

Its hard for everyone at first, but one you get it, it’s smooth sailing, so keep trying. Eventually, you can level up to Iron Man class combos.

Well, I can actually do it at a fairly high success rate in training room now, thanks for the tips Ve. Now I just need to get good enough to do it in a match, and then good enough to get in well and still complete the combo.