Nova 2014 Patch Buffs/Nerfs

Hurting people’s hopes and dreams! lmao…Na I can see where y’all are coming from. One of my friends said today they think it would be cool of they made Nova’s lvl 3 Pulse an assist without the stagger and other special properties…I kinda like that idea =X but yeah. My absolute priority in terms of balance would be the j.S and hit stun stuff. I can live with Nova being exactly the same in every other department.

Man, I really don’t want Nova to have a beam assist. Too many “Nova is just a bootleg Magneto” comments as is. Spare me the pain! Plus giving him level 3 properties as a default seems to go against his design philosophy.

Energy Javelin as an assist sounds AWESOME and we could totally find use for it, unlike the horrible Nova Strike assist.

but you can’t say no to raw tag combos. They look the coolest

Nova is fine the way he is. If anything I want faster start-up on pulse and j.s to increase combo potential. A level 4 red heath laser that does level 3 super damage would be fun, but that might make him too strong.

I was thinking…to fix the j.S problem, they could make his j.S like Spencer’s armor piercer…faster start up the closer you are to the opponent. That way, having faster start up won’t make his j.S something that can just be thrown out on some YOLO shit, but still making up for the combo problem.

what do you think the range threshold should be? in close = grab range? j.L maybe?

That would remove the j.S’ possibility to be a situational punish…
Like if some character enters a desperated Flight mode and isn’t covered by an assist, you can possibly punish them with j.S.
Unless the j.S max speed stays the same and it only gets faster the closer you’re to the opponent, this could potentially open up some combo options while still leaving one of my favorite Nova combos intact.

The range for fastest speed could be his j.L, yeah.

Wait time out. So, it kind of just hit me…I understand the whole “not wanting to make Nova like Magneto” thing…but…when the fuck did Magneto ever use a beam like…EVER in the cartoons/comics? lmaoo…if you see where I’m going with this. Capcom is so backwards XD. But yeah…give me a j.S I can actually combo into and more hit stun on his normals and I will live.

j.S is already good. Leave it alone. Nova needs NO CHANGES. Nothing. He’s perfectly balanced the way he is.

j.S is actually awesome if you normal jump, airdash up, call your assist (Doom, Ironman, Vajra, Arrows, etc) + j.S. j.S ends up hitting them while your assist follows you. If they block j.S, you get a mixup. If they get hit j.S causes a hard knockdown so you can OTG.

It would be pretty broken if it was like safe on block or something since it’s active for so long and covers so much space.

The only changes we want is to be able to combo into it after longer combos. That’s about it. Or at least that’s all I WANT.

Magneto can use beams and I’m pretty sure it has been portrayed in the comics.
Their most common form is the force-field beam, but he can channel and shape all of the electromagnetic properties to whatever purpose he wants.
#MagnetoNerdOff

Lmao daaaamn…I was just joking lmaoo…good shit though

The moar you know (useless stuff).

please
cancellable raw j.S like Doom and Vergil

j.S into Rocket punch, more mobility

super retarded buff that WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!

cardinal direction only energy javelin…

neutral remains unchanged

forward acts the same as dorms dark matter

down otgs but acts similar to skrulls worm squish

again WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!

thoughts?

I kind of like it. If IT WAS to happen, I think the regular one we have and the dark matter one would suffice. Just make it slower than dark matter of course.

Actually, I don’t like that AT ALL. I j.S shouldnt even be used in situations where you’re not sure if it’s going to hit/if it’s safe and making it cancellable will be TOOOOOOOOOOO scrub friendly. “Oh, this character has a footdive kind of move that can work from anywhere on screen, AND I CAN CANCEL IT WITHOUT X FACTOR?! AND if it connects i can get AT LEAST 600k with 1 meter” Although I believe the intention is pure at heart, I think it would do more harm than good. To be honest, I think it is safe to say we are all doing absolutely fine without using j.S. The only adjustment to it I would like to see is increased start up or w/e it will take for it to usable after long combos.

Nova is like a flying Balrog to me. He’s very easy to use and quite effective, but I would not want a character that simple to be too good. There’s nothing broken about him now and that’s the way it should stay.

Dunno about tweaking the j.S hitbox, that thing is pretty massive as is. I see Nova players do air combos where the thing is nowhere close to lined up properly and it still always works.

One thing I would change (and this is more of a universal tweak) is the hitstun on his j.H. He can hit from practically super jump height and the opponent will still land into his flurry of 6 x st.L confirm. I have no problem with the hitstun once the combo starts, but it’s pretty dumb as is, considering the OS properties on the thing.

If I had to buff anything, I’d bump him up to 950k health. Don’t see why he should be at 900k.

oh my god
my thoughts exactly when i watch balrog play in SSFIVAE
They’re so similar