Alright guys, get your hockey sticks ready 'cause it’s time to prepare for the next Arcade UFO event which happens to be Space Jam themed. Why? IT DOESN’T MATTER!!
Been sometime since we had a regional type event, so we’re glad to say that we are coming back at full force. Come join us to challenge the best in Texas, or just participate for fun. Who knows, you might be better than you really think you are, and placing higher than expected is always a fun thing to find out. In the end, you really got nothing to lose, just come up and play!
– Schedule and Games
Registration - (12:45 pm)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Singles (1:30 pm)
Street Fighter 4 AE - 2 v 2 Teams (3:30 pm)
Mortal Kombat 9 - Singles (8:00 pm)
Gundam vs Gundam NEXT - 2 v 2 Teams (9:30 pm)
Street Fighter 4 AE will be teams once again.
Not 100% on what set we will be going (Pokemon/KoF style, or SBO), but we will get to everyone on that shortly!
Since this is the week Ultimate Marvel 3 comes out, we’ve decided to add that to the line up, replacing the original/vanilla version of Marvel 3.
- Don’t use game breaking glitches that will cease the match to continue. Please try to avoid attempting these kind of bugs during a match or it will lead to a DQ.
- Once you’ve selected a character, you must remain with that character until you have lost a match. During that time, you’re free to choice anyone else,or remain as the same character you originally selected.
Please Note: This does not go for Street Fighter 4 AE Teams. Once you’ve selected your character, you must stay on that character of the remainder of the tournament.
- Matches will be played best 2 out of 3, rounds set on 2 out of 3 as well (except for SF4 AE)
- Brackets will be Double Elimination, so once you’ve lost your first set against your opponent, you’re still in the tournament but will be placed in the second/loser bracket. Once you’ve lost in that bracket, you’re out of the tournament.
- Wireless controllers for the PS3 setups are banned.
– Prizes / Charges
Top 3 will be award cash prize as well as gaming UFO tokens. Prize pot will be split in 3 ways, the usual 70/20/10 + Tokens.
Venue fee - $2
Enter each game - $10
Remember, you only have to pay the Venue fee once. You must pay $10 for each game you choice to precipitate in. That money will go straight to the prize pot as reward to the top 3 winners.
– Places to eat or grab a snack
Right next door from UFO, there’s a place called Fricano’s Deli that serves quite possibly the best Deli Sandwiches you’ve ever tasted. Not only that, but right next to the Deli is a Convenient Store for all your snack and drink needs.
Best prepare for now and good luck to everyone that is entering! We always welcome new challengers.
If you got any questions, please post in here and we’ll reply shortly.