Noob looking to become better with Morrigan

Hello! Im kinda new to this team and I use a team with Morrigan (Tron, Dante, Morrigan)

Ive kind of gotten the jist of what to do with Dante and tron from watching other people play and going to the respective character forums. But there seems to be less info on Morigan around.

What exactly is her game plan? How do I do the most damage? How do I do fly Unfly combos and Soul fist Loops?

Also whats her best assit thats not Dark Harmonizer? Tron and Dante both fill up meter quickly so its kind of redundant!

Basically help a noob out!

Soul Blade and Shadow Fist assist are both ass. If you’re not wanting DH, get her off the team, or play her on point with Shadow Blade assist and Storm second.

As far as gameplan? You zone with flight canceled fioreballs until you’re ocmfortable you have an opening to rush with either a box jump (Tron style) or a Triangle jump (Magneto/Storm style). YOu can also get in with ground forward dash into jS to punish moves with recovery from pretty much full screen. Never, ever combo from jS to cL. Doing that is why everyone thinks she has the worst damage in the game. YOu see people do shit like jS, cL M, H, S and then they wonder why their combos do 300k. As for everything else, read the general Morrigan thread (start around May) and read the combo thread.

Even with her on point DH is still her best assist. You can never have too much meter.

If you’re running her on point, Shadow Blade assist allows her to follow up her air throw/Vector Drain anywhere on the screen with a THC (Shadow Blade&Hail Storm) which is exceptionally valuable. Finishing Shower as her THC makes this too slow, since the pre flash frames in a THC are the preflash of whatever hyper the point character is using. 10 vs 18 in this case.

DH is her only useful assist. If your going to use her on point then like the other person said use Shadow Blade so she has Shadow Servant for THC.

As for her basic gameplan morrigan is kind of a jack of all trade. However due to her poor damage output she’s heavily outclassed my Magneto. But if your still going to use her bascially u zone with FC soul fists with assists backing u up until u can get a good opening with her air S or Dash Canceled Air H. Air H is great for mixups and her Air s goes through alot of multihit moves(As of now only Morrigan and Zero has moves that can go through Hulk and Sentinel’s Hyper armor moves. In Ultimate however i know it no longer goes through Hulk. Dont know about Sentinel.)

But going back to Dark Harmonizer. You can never have too much meter and Morrigan is a pretty heavy meter user herself. So Abuse her DH assist and when she is out there she will have meter to work with. Honestly if you have the meter and your not in a combo you should always be in Astral Vison.

I run Morrigan on point, and you should listen to what the others have posted. It’s basically how I play to great success. One of her best tools are the flight cancel fireball with astral vision, plus if you rush in with a clone up close people get confused real fast as to which one is the real one making for a free combo. c.L is good for hit confirming, but it does scale damage down on combo’s so use it sparingly, like in the corner while they’re blocking and you call an assit for a high low mix-up. A final tidbit Morrigan has one of the better flights in the game, seriouisly she can cancel anything into flight making them pseudo-safe.

I honestly confuse myself most of the time and lose to c.L mashing. :frowning:

crosses up opponent
"Wh…which one is the real me?!"
dies

I always use Deep Crescendo with Morrigan, so if it doesn’t comeout I instantly mash c.L to continue the combo since she can basically double up on the ground magic series