Non Golden Armor user

Hi there. I was wondering if anyone here is using hsienko without using her golden assist like myself. Just out of curiosity.

I do and it’s actually pretty fun. She is the point character for my Darkstalkers team. Since practically no one uses her, opponents are often left confused and underestimate what she is capable of. When you’re taking out a team composed of top tier characters with one who is arguably on the bottom, its hard not to laugh out loud every time.

So long as you’re able to not get opened up at the start of the match and are willing to play patiently, I find that a lot, and I do mean a LOT of characters have a hard time getting in on her, and for many it’s damn near impossible unless you make a critical mistake. Paired with Morrigan’s meter assist and a heavy defense, I find I’m able to build 5 bars in no time while having worn down my opponent’s patience, often driving them to make mistakes and get opened up themselves. Depending on how much meter I’ve stocked at that time it can easily mean a one touch kill on almost anyone.

Honestly when you think about it, Hsien-Ko has a lot of answers for top tier characters and commonly used strategies.

I’ve been doing a darkstalkers team as well. I’ve beaten some morri/doom teams with it and its quite hilarious. They called doom at a bad time and tenraiha’d him to death while morrigan just stares at me do it looool

Yes, if there’s one thing Hsien-Ko can do well it’s punish assists. Painfully!