No X-Factor for Dormammu

So I was recently trying to come up with a combo activating into level one X-Factor to level one of the opposing characters with ease for that “kill the biggest threat” strategy. I was using Dormammu and decided I’d do his bread and butter, but instead of lowering my damage output by calling an assist into his flame carpet for an OTG, I could just X-Factor that. After all, X-Factor cancels whatever you’re doing and resets the frame (unless, of course, you’re into a Level 3, in the air, or a Level 1 that’s a cinematic).

So I try the simple cr.L, cr.M, S, M, M, S, Flame Carpet->SLMH…but no X-factor. I tried it again several times, and it doesn’t work!! Apparently Flame Carpet is one of the few moves that CANNOT be reset. I’m sure others have been aware of this, but why is this?? The game literally won’t let you do it until the opponent recovers, which kinda just takes off a whole lot of possibilities with Dorm for more damage ):

Dormammu cannot X-Factor cancel either of his command normals. Why? Ask Capcom.

Ahh, good ol’ unbalancing. Phoenix cancel anything into Phoenix Inferno, poor Dorm can’t cancel a darn command normal. What’s even odder is that she gets to loop her TK Traps even in X-Factor LV1, but Dorm can’t even do Flame Carpet->S.

Dormammu probably should not be burning XF1 very often; he’s just not able to make very good use of it beyond getting a second Chaotic Flame in usually. A good number of characters can’t cancel command normals into hypers.

I’d guess because flame carpet isn’t actually connected to dorm and his hitbox, thus doesn’t reset with x-factor.

Except tha Doom can XFC Hidden Missiles if done early…
Seriously, its a balance thing. It’d probably be too good.