Nintendo network adapter

i already have a wii and plan on investing in a ds soon. so is it worth it for me to buy the network adapter? ive been tryin to use my wireless router but from the way it seems my isp got it set up so i have to pay to set up a network :tdown: anyways just wondering before i buy it next week cuz im missin my VC downloads and tradins FCs:sad:

Do you mean the adaptor that Nintendo sells specificlly for the wii and ds? If so then I would advise against it. I dont know if they changed it at all, but back around when it first came out I got one and only got it work once or twice on my computer. It has a lot of problems if you have any sort of antivirus or firewall set up. If you go to the message board on the nintendo web page it used to be full complaints and problems, though I havent been there recently so i dont know what its like now. In the end I just got a router that works with them.

Although it is possible that you can get it to work on your computer. I gave my adaptor to my girlfriend and she got it working on her computer without any trouble.

I bought one and it’s worked great for me, I wish the other consoles were as easy to set up online. I put it in, registered my DS, my bros DS and my wii and have never had any troubles getting online.

I’m running XP, so I don’t know if Vista causes problems, but never had any problems here. (It does not like Itunes to be running however, but other than that.)

If it’s as bad as Chaosdragon says, you could get the wired adapter, if that is feasible.

well i have windows xp. but i was asking cuz like i said bellsouth somehow got it where i have to pay extra if i want to set up a wireless network plus i was about to invest on gettin a ds for mario kart ds among other games to play people in. without the network im s.o.l. on doing anything multiplayer like with the two systems.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16812203024

As I said, this is wired, so it wont cost extra, and it works on the wii.

First three comments/reviews that came up when I clicked that link says that it doesn’t work with the Wii. So be forewarned. It would seem people have mixed results with it since I’ve seen both sites with people saying it works, and sites with people saying it does not.

Yeah, it seems mixed, some sites say it does some say it doesn’t…

Why not get one made for the Wii? I’ve seen them at Wal-Mart and Gamestop.

here -

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?cookie_test=1&product_id=802615

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?lastAction=setCurr&jspStoreDir=NOASTORE&languageId=-1&catalogId=10001&categoryId=62707&productId=117712&currency=USD&storeId=10001&ddkey=ProductCheck

So those product reviewers on that page are full of shit?

i almost bought strikers today and then realized i still dont have wifi

are you sure you’re not confusing setting up a wireless router with their wireless network service ( http://smallbusiness.bellsouth.com/internet/wbb/faqs.asp )? This would be the first time I’ve heard of a company charging people with a wireless router and I’m not even sure it’s possible that they would know which items on the network are wireless if any at all.

well when i tried to set up the network before i did it the same way i did my old router. i tried it again with the new bellsouth router and it kept popping up saying something bout contact your isp blah blah blah which got me the wtf look.

yeah i don’t know about all that. Crap like that is why I have an old school motorola surfboard modem. Is the modem attached to the routher? If possible you should try and just connect the modem to a regular wireless router.

Also @TF was the router the WHR-G54S? I have that same router and it works great, it’s also compatible with DD-WRT.

well ive googled it and didnt find what i was lookin for so maybe here will help. my modem is more like a combo. its the westell versalink model 327w modem/router 2 in 1. i looked up stuff for it and how to set up a network via xp. well i had the xp part right but the router isnt sending the signal like its suppose to. help please :sad:

oh come on man you should know me better than that. i gotta save the money for the snow bunnies winter right around the corner. :lovin: im tryin to connect free unless i 100% have to go out and buy that. so that means i need to try and get this signal to work before it comes to that. :rofl:

Is it just not seeing the signal? Is your pc connected wirelessly?

naw my modem/router and all that is connected to the computer and a phone line is connected to the router. i have dsl if that means anything. but yeah i basically have it set up like my other networks before where my wii did pick up a signal and now all of a sudden with this one nothing is there.

yo where can i get one T flame. and all i gotta do is jsut plug it in to the usb port in the back of comp. do i gotta config.anything or what

They discontinued those I’m afraid. You can still find them some places but they most likely won’t work. I was planning to get one but I decided to just get a Wireless N router (that has b/g), which was on sale for 50 bucks, instead and just use the four port switch with the network adapter.