Newbie needing some help learning Skull Girls/Team Building

Posted this on the newbie forum and was told I’d have better luck reposting here.

So I’m moderately newblie with fighters. I’ve played alot of Guilty Gear and a little bit of Soul Calibur 2-5 and Street Fighter 2 but I’ve never really dipped into a fighter that uses Teams before (Soul Caliber had them but I didn’t use them much and it wasn’t really the same type system anyway).

Playing Guilty Gear I played mostly zoning characters with some mixup characters thrown in. Venom was very much my main, and I played a fair amount of Milia. Playing Skull Girls I’ve obviously felt pretty comfy with Parasoul as a result. I miss my dash and double morbid but she feels similar otherwise even though the napalm is a bit different from the balls. I’d have thought I’d be pretty comfy on Filia, but she feels very different. No pin is part of it, but also just the way she opperates feels much more shoto. The other character that’s felt really natural to me for some reason is Squigly.

So I guess my question is, can I build a good team with Parasoul and Squigly and if so what character would round them out, and who do I want to put in what order. Right now it seems like both the characters I like would function well as a middle based on a guide I was reading but neither of them seems viable as a point or an anchor. Maybe I’m wrong though?

Thanks in advance!

Well, the game is young and Squigly is new so you’ll be the trendsetter here.

You can play just 2 characters if there’s no third you like.

Order might be difficult. Experiment, see who you think supports the other best, who you’re more comfortable playing with alone when your other character is KOd. Maybe you’ll like Parasoul/Squigly in some matches and Squigly/Parasoul in others.

All the options might be overwhelming. The guide makes them both sound like “middle of the team characters” but there’s plenty of successful players with them in various positions.

Sorry, probably not the type of reply you wanted.

Both parasoul and squigly are viable as point characters.

Whether you would want to put squigs in front or parasoul in front is up to you, but squigly has a run so if you put her up front you should be able to get some easy conversions from hitting with pillar as an assist.

As a theory… Cause i dont have access to sqg patch right now, squiglys j.hp combined with parasouls hk pillar assist might be pretty good. You might also have some success with hk egret assist and perhaps sing on point… Or vice versa.

Good partners for this team at the back would probably be double or filia.

Parasoul works very well with updo assist cause her dash is fast and can easily convert most updo hits into full combo from otg. Or you could go with hk hairball for lockdown/pushback/blockstring reasons.

Or you could pick double with mk or lk bomber… Either should work well in your team. Bella would also work well with cerecopter assist.

So yeah, your team is good to go. The primary reason to put parasoul at second is to abuse pillar assist andarasoul might not be able to use squiglys assists as well as squigly should be able to use hk pillar.

Take all that with a grain of salt, its theory fighter since i cant play squigly.

Yeah, both of those characters are fine on point (though both also have some pretty killer assists). I’ve been using Parasoul on point for the majority of SG’s lifespan (backed up by everyone’s favorite DP assist). I think I’d go with Dime’s suggestion and use Squigly on point, with Parasoul using Napalm Pillar. This should let you really dominate the neutral game, which is what Squigly seems designed to do in the first place. Pillar also functions as a good reversal (which is one thing Squigly lacks).

If you are set on using Para as your point, then I’d grab a third character, because Para also thrives with a reversal assist, and Squigly doesn’t have one. Para can use Squigly’s lockdown assists (f.HP or c.HP) for some really nice block-string pressure, but once she gets hit you’re really gonna want a GTFO.

If you’re gonna use a third character, I would probably suggest Double (just based on your stated preferences). She is, despite her incoming nerfs, a really good anchor; and MK Hornet Bomber (Double assist) combined with Napalm Pillar would be an ideal combination for controlling the field with Squigly. Bomber also provides lockdown, especially in the corner, which would leave Squigly free to charge her stances, and Para free to go for those mixups (standing lows and overheads all day).

Honestly though, you could make a team that is just as effective if you replace Double with Filia. That’s what I’m gonna do.

Parasoul/Squigly is a really good team already. You can put any good anchor at the end and be happy (Filia, Bella).
Both Parasoul and Squigly are Point/2nd spot characters, neither of them is a good anchor though. I run Parasoul/Squigly/Painwheel myself.

Just downloaded Skullgirls, the only other fighter I play is SF4 so this will be my 1st team based fighter. The characters I’m interested in using are Ms. Fortune, Squigly and painwheel. Will these character mesh ok and whats the best way to learn? Should I start with 1v1’s? Sorry for all the questions but I don’t really know where to begin. Iv’e went through the tutorials.

Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.